Help!! gluten/dairy/raw veggie free lunches

Options
Lunch is the worst meal for me. I would love to have a salad but I can not tolerate raw vegetables whatsoever. Am looking for some good ideas to implement in my diet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Do you have a microwave?

What do you eat for supper?
  • nacolesworld
    nacolesworld Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also don't eat raw veggies! Not only is it yuck, it makes me feel yuck!!!

~ tuna or chicken salad with GF crackers or corn chips (using low fat or olive oil mayo)
    ~ roasted chicken with cooked veggies
    ~ You could try a GF pasta salad with everything cooked
    ~ steamer bag lunch (pack chicken or shrimp or whatever meat of your choice, and veggies into one of those steamer bags... I only do this on days that I have access to a fridge because of the meat. Make sure you read the instructions. Some of the steamer bags don't suggest putting meat in them. You can do your meat before you leave the house if you don't want to deal with that part. Then the steamer bag will just warm it up. Don't forget seasoning!!!)

Most of the time I stick to meals that won't go bad in my Igloo and can be warmed up. 1 meat and 1-2 cooked veggies. Or 3 veggies (depending on what it is)... Rice goes well with the 3 veggie choice. Beans are also a good alternative to meat.

oooh!! I love making bean chili and taking that for lunch. Put other things in it (like corn, carrots, mushrooms, or other solid veggies... don't do squash because it will turn into nasty mush).

My BFF is really big on smoothies. I have a hard time with it, but from what I understand there are lots of websites that give tips on good "green" smoothies.

Hopefully that helps!
  • rlbryce
    rlbryce Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi ~ I too would love to hear more lunch ideas as school is starting soon!

My favorite lunch is quinoa, with some Newman's Salsa in it (Mango Tango is my fav). Sometimes I add leftover chicken shredded up and a dash of RF cheddar cheese. Microwave for 40 seconds and perfect for lunch. Quinoa is one of those perfect proteins.

I used to eat ham and cheddar melted on Corn Thins, but I don't need all of those calories at lunch.

Sometimes I have a Visalus shake with almond milk, a banana and a scoop of PB2.
  • kjvgirl
    kjvgirl Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I don't eat a lot of grains but will try the quinoa one. Thanks again
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Quinoa is not a grain. It is not part of the grass family, but part of the beet family.
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I don't eat a lot of grains but will try the quinoa one. Thanks again
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave for lunch? I usually bring leftovers - cooked veggie and some protein. Or like already mentioned, a turkey/chicken/tuna salad you can put on lettuce wraps. My diary is open if you'd like to snoop for ideas. But I do eat some dairy (milk kills my stomach, but I can do some yogurt and cheese).