Welcome!!

Options
Welcome to the group! My name is Jennifer. I'm a SAHM of 1 daughter and housewife to an amazing, hardworking husband and father (keithfrombm). If we're not already MFP's, feel free to add me! The more, the merrier! We're all in this together and the more support, motivation and accountability you have, the more you will succeed. Introduce yourself to everyone and feel free to join in on the discussions!

Replies

• jenniferlthomas0305
    jenniferlthomas0305 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to introduce yourself everyone! It'll be so great to get to know everyone!
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello! :flowerforyou:
    I'm Alichia!! :heart:
    I live in Pittsburgh, PA and I have been struggling with my weight for many many years now! I am in the process of getting the gastric bypass surgery, in fact I just got my surgery date as 10-4-2012. I have several different medical issues that have prevented me from being as enthused to get back into caring about my physical well being...then something sparked in me a few months ago...I got back into going to the gym and logging what I eat and now I'm 38 pounds lighter and pushing myself everyday to move...as we all know...what you don't move you can't lose...so I pound the treadmill, pavement and whatever else that'll hold me up and chip away...slowly but steadily at these unwanted pounds. I don't say I lost pounds...I say their gone...I don't want them back...they don't pay rent here...so they got to go...whomever finds them can keep em! If you need motivation and a gentle kick in the butt every so often...send me a friend request...I love meeting new people! :bigsmile:
  • jenniferlthomas0305
    Options
    Girl, with THAT attitude, you could do this even WITHOUT the gastric bypass! Every one of the people that I know that have had the bypass have either had problems with it or have gained all or more of the weight back. I hope it works for you though! So glad to meet you!
  • kittyconni
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Connie. I live in Bossier City, Louisiana and I am a PCU/ICU RN. I have had weight issues since the birth of my first child in 1992. In high school...I was always a size 2...cheerleader...dance team...always pretty fit. My weight goes up and down...up and down. Since 1992...I had 3 more darling children...the last 2 were twins! That REALLY did a number on my body! I lost with Metabolife 356 when it was on the market...down to a size 7 as a matter of fact. Then it was pulled and poof~the weight came back with a vengence! I worked for a doctor who prescribed me adipex back in 2007. I lost lots of weight really quickly. But Adipex is only for short term use. When it stopped working the pounds came back and then some! I started going to the Metabolic Research Center in March of this year. When I weighed in that first day I wanted to get sick seeing the scale hit 220 pounds! It was the heaviest I had ever been! I have been following their plan, going to the gym and last week I weighed in at 165. But I am really getting frustrated right now because I am stuck at 165. Have been for 3 weeks now. Even weighed myself today and my scale at home showed a gain of 1 pound! I am going in to the center tomorrow and hopefully they will change my menu or something. My goal weight is 135. I still have a long way to go and ready to start losing again!
  • dfammama
    dfammama Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Donna. I'm a US military wife currently living with my family in Moscow, Russia. I have about 70lbs to go on my weight loss journey. I've had 4 kids in 6 years and it's time to take care of me and my body. My weight has fluctuated through the years. This last pregnancy was the hardest on my body by far and required bed rest almost the whole pregnancy. I'm trying to make a lifestyle change and not just a quick fix so I know it's going to take me a while if I am truly doing things right!
  • jenniferlthomas0305
    Options
    Welcome, Connie and Donna!! So happy to have you with us!! Feel free to start discussions, ask questions, share stories, share photos, share recipes. We're here to support and motivate each other! We can all do this TOGETHER! :happy:
  • kellyjoi
    Options
    Hi my name is Kelly. I started at 210 pounds Im now down to 176 still have a long way to go. Im so glad to of joined the group hoping it keeps me focused. I have a 10 month old baby and a 3 year old Autistic son so I get busy. I let that be a excuse not to work out or eat right for periods of time. Im hoping this stops me from doing that I still have 41 pounds to go and I need the motivation lol. I look forward to getting to know you ladies congrats to you all:smile:
  • saladinocl
    saladinocl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Christy. I have been on this weight loss roller coaster for so many years! I have 3 children and gained 50 lbs with each of them but with the help of weight loss programs have managed to lose all the weight after each of them. My problem is once I get the weight off I start right back into eating unhealthy and before I know it the weight is back on. My last child is 4 now and yes I gained and then lost it all. I am now right back where i started. Once I get on track for about a week I tend to do really good but I have struggled for the past several months with staying on track. I'll do really good for several days then just stop. I don't have very good self control. None actually. I need all the encouragement and support I can get! and I'm hoping that by me being an encouragement to you guys it will also help me to be encouraged. Well here goes. :)
  • jenniferlthomas0305
    Options
    Welcome, Kelly and Christy! We're so glad to have you! I'm so happy to see how fast this group is growing! We're all here to be supportive and motivational to one another. Accountability, I've found is one of the BIGGEST helps in keeping on track! That's what we're all here for. If you have any questions or topics you'd like to discuss, feel free to post it! We're all in this together!
  • countrygal02012
    countrygal02012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyonel! My name is Diane, 45 years old and married to my highschool sweetheart. I have two kids.. a 17 year old daughter and a 14 year old son. We live in Northern BC in Canada. I have struggled with my weight ever since I was a child and I have yo-yo'd with my lowest weight 118 lbs (when I did Body for Life in my late 30's) and my highest weight being 208 lbs 2 years ago. I feel like my weight and food in general has consumed my life ... controlled me. Next summer my hubby, son and myself have made plans to backpack the West Coast Trail on Vancouver Island. It will take us 7 days to complete 75 km. It has always been a dream of mine - on my bucket list - but never thought I could do it... I want to lose 50 lbs before that trip and get my body in shape to take on the strenuous hike that it is supposed to be... a big goal but I am aiming to take it on!! I look forward to sharing and the encouragement with all of you! Best of luck!
  • Ginagogogo
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Gina and I am a SAHM to 3 energetic kids and also a proud Navy wife. I have always struggled with my weight and binge eating. Just recently with the help from MFP, I have learned that sugar (like in desserts, baked goods, ice cream) is like crack to me! I cannot eat a normal amount of it- I will eat those things until I am physically sick!I have found that avoiding those foods altogether reduces the cravings significantly.
    So here is where I am on this journey... And I love hearing everyone's stories, we can do this!
  • jenniferlthomas0305
    Options
    Welcome, Diane and Gina! So happy to have you join us! LOVE hearing everyone's stories and so happy I'm here to be able to help any way I can.