Running

Options
I ran this morning! It might have only been a mile, but I'm glad I got my butt out of bed.

Replies

• vruthless
    Options
    You go girl!!!
  • mandee3104
    Options
    Look at you motivated! I'm going to trail run no matter what today!
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I did a mile as well! Plus walking another 1/2 mile, but getting through a mile running always feels great because I am NOT a runner! LOL
  • karenlquiroz
    Options
    Good for you! I bet you feel fantastic!!!
  • kellyjoi
    Options
    congrats that is wonderful. Ive started working out again Im starting with baby steps so it sticks dont want to go overboard and burn out. I think for me that is the right way
  • Baumanette
    Baumanette Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Glad you started the skinny divas group. I don't think I will ever be "skinny" but I am willing to strive for "thinner". I feel the same way about my workout this morning, I only got to do stair machine for 20 minutes but it kicked my butt!
  • LarsyRagnhild
    LarsyRagnhild Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think running is the best! My top tips for running may sound a bit superficial, but they worked for me - wear good gear and buy yourself a pair of really good running shoes/cross trainers.
    Another tip on motivation is to not rely on it. Run when you feel motivated and run when you don't. Motivation comes and goes, your goals will stay...
  • daniellezerull
    Options
    Today i hiked to the top of a mountain and then ran down. before i started i did 75 jumping jacks half way up i did 75! on the top i did 75 half way down 75 more! and then i got to the bottom and did 75 more!

i find that taking spaces for a breath helps me alot! and also everyday i do 15 more jumping jacks then the day before!
  • LarsyRagnhild
    Options
    Jumping jacks? I've never tried that before, sounds like something I should try. My only caution about your running is to be careful when running downhill, especially on uneven ground as it can cause damage to your knees.
    I really wish there was somewhere close by I could hike.
    I'm going to incorporate more jumping jacks into my routine!
  • JulianneRinkinen
    Options
    Great advice! Thank you!
  • LarsyRagnhild
    Options
    Hey, welcome. I think that your comment was a response to my advice on running downhill. Best of luck for your fitness endeavours!
  • loveskinny27
    loveskinny27 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Running it great & so is the feeling you get after a run - it gives you chance to focus or clear your mind. When I first started running I could bareley run a mile - i kept going out rain or shine and forcing myself to go even when I did not want to I actually enjoy my run I warm up for 5 mins walking briskly - & now i can run 5k without stopping this is something i never though I would be able to do i am gradually increasing my distance as my speed improves. But I would reccomend anyone who wants to get fit to run!
    Its Free, anyone can have a go and as already said all you need is some comfy clothes and a decent pair of running shoes/trainers and your good to go!
    Anyone who is starting running & would like a bit of help I can reccomend a book called Run Fat bit*h Run. its avalible on Ibooks amazon etc.

Good luck skinny divas