hello ..... is this thing on??

Options
Hi all,

I am new to MFP and thought i would give the community a whirl, and was really pleased to find this group. Im 31 and we have been TTC for 9 years, with no sucess. I was diognoised with PCOS 5 years ago and we have tried Clomid which reduced my cycles to 28-30 days regular but sadly no baby!!

next step would involve me loosing the rest of my weight, i am currently 18 stone. When i started i was over 22 stone so i have managed to shift some of it but i seem to be stuck in a cycle which is mainly down to my rubish eating habbits, stoaked by my sweeping depressions at not being able to have a child.

I think part of me is scared to loose the last bit of weight because if i do and then still dont get pregnant ....... then what?? But no excuses i really need a kick up the bum and to get back on track!

So here we day one again, so far so good!!

Any one out there been TTC for a long time? Anyone TTC with sucess after a long time.............I am now terrified this wont ever happen and to be honest i cant really talk about it with my friends and family because they dont get it..........

would be great to get support from people who understand.

thanks
:happy:

Replies

• angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Am on my phone but please add me as I've been trying 4 years now and gonna start clomid soon. I was 19.4 stones and think we can motivate each other! can't seriously what Im writing. I do hate phone mfp!
  • chelle866
    Options
    Hiya, I'm starting clomid in October. Been ttc for 2 years and nothings happened :-(

Hoping for a miracle with clomid, got my fingers crossed

Best of luck to you, hope everything works out ok x
  • Jeep429
    Jeep429 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hey! been married for almost 3 yrs and still no bfp....we just recently started really trying trying though and still no luck....im on metformin and lisinopril....doc wants me to do that and lose weight to do it with just the met....keep me posted on your progress!
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I didn't have my son until I was 34 years old. We've been trying for a second child for 20 months now. Alex will be 3 in December, so just keep the faith.
  • 2012AMB
    2012AMB Posts: 11
    Options
    We've been TTC since 2007 with very little luck so far. Wtih my PCOS I've had two cycles since November, one lasting so long (over 100 days) that I recently had surgery to help clear my lining. I started 100mg of Clomid 5 days later. It's definitely a journey but I finally have a good proactive doctor. While he is encouraging me to lose weight he's not making me sit back and wait until it's all gone. I appreciate that, my other doctor didn't have the same philosophy. Being able to move forward has been a great motivation for me to lose weight and stay on track. If I am lucky enough to get that BFP, I want to already have healthy eating habits in place! Good luck. You're not in this alone. It's tough for all of us!