Inner side arch pain?

Options
natalie412
natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
During my 9.5 mile run on Saturday, my right arch started hurting. Didn't slow me down, but it was annoying. It kept hurting the rest of the day, and is still hurting now. It's fine when I get up in the morning, but starts to hurt as I am on it. The pain actually seems to be centered on the side of the foot.

2h396w4.png

I had my most mileage last week (over 18 miles), plus I was on my feet all day Thursday.

It is making me a little nervous. I iced it twice yesterday, been doing some heel raises, elevating it and taking some ibuprofen. It does seem a little better today. My next run is tomorrow (5 miles).

Anyone else run across something similar?

Replies

• DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That does sound a little scary. Don't push too much if it's hurting. The 5 miler is probably not worth it. I haven't heard of this injury. Does anyone else have any ideas?
  • taureanbuddhist
    taureanbuddhist Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    it could be the instertion point where some of the ligaments attach to the bones on the side of your foot...i have had similar pain on the outside of my food after a race due to pronation issues. If ice and stretching isnt helping i dont think that i would run the 5 miler...maybe try swimming for cardio instead this week. if it persists for more than a couple of days i would make an appt with your Dr to make sure nothing is seriously injured...good luck:)
  • natalie412
    Options
    It is definitely better - I did run 3 miles today and I could feel it, but that's about it. I will keep icing, and decide whether to run my 10 miler on Saturday!

Thanks for your input.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    How do you feel your symptoms compare to plantar fascitis? Rolling your arch over a tennis/racquetball can help with that!
  • natalie412
    Options
    It is definitely not that -- more on the side. It seems to have gone away though. Thanks!