Any Marathoners with a pacemaker on here?

Options
Colbyandsage
Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
I plan on calling my cardiologist and pacemaker clinic tomorrow but it got me thinking and I was wondering if there are any marathoners on here with a PM.

I am having some issues with my pacemaker while running the longer runs this past week. My PM is for complete Heart block so I don't need to be AS careful as some. I got clearance from doc on running. Things have been going well but the last week I have noticed that the area of my PM under left shoulder and neck are sore (the lead wires go up my neck through a vein to the heart). I really think it is from the PM bouncing as I run. It's an annoying pain so nothing to rush to the ER on.

This is a long shot but anyone else experience this?

Replies

• PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I do not have aPM but wow you are awesome. Most folks have an excuse not to exercise. You are an inspiration. Just saying. Hope all the dull ache is nothing.
    God Bless
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Awe. Thank u! I call it my wake up call :)

I did call my doc, she said that it was probably from it bouncing when I run so if it hurts, I tape it. Somedays are worse but it's gotten A LOT better.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I do not have aPM but wow you are awesome. Most folks have an excuse not to exercise. You are an inspiration. Just saying. Hope all the dull ache is nothing.
    God Bless

DItto!! Go get 'em! :happy: