Focused on a Friday...really?!??!?!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
Challenge: DO 1 thing today that can make you live a more healthy life today! We are living in the day. So, what is it you can do to go the extra mile or something you have been slacking but can do today?!
For example, for me I am going to try and make myself go to bed earlier even though a Friday.... I am so bad with this!!!!! But for my body health and mental I REALLY need to go to bed so my body can repair and rejuvenate!
I don't exercise on Fridays but I am trying to get my brain to do any small activity it does not matter what or how long just do something so I am goint to do 100 jumping jacks. I am a work in progress ya'll.

So, what is your challenge to self today? One extra cup of water? No vending machine today? Walk just 3 minutes more? Sit in quiet and meditate...practice deep breathing vs shallow? What can you do to improve today?!?!?! There is always something! Never take a day for granted! It starts now.

Peace,
WW

Replies

• KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Since I started walking this week, I noticed my feet slid around in my shoes a lot. When I got home, I checked the size and saw I had bought men's size 10 instead of womens. These are cheap, Walmart sneakers, so I don't begrudge the money. But, I need to replace them.
    But, Idon't want another set of cheap Walmart sneakers. I am headed for either Hibbet's or Foot Locker, both of which are stores I have always been too intimidated to going to before (You know, because they might judge me.)

Today I will not be afraid of a show store!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am having a difficult time drinking my water especially since it is much cooler. I love water, that is not my problem. Just drinking anything is the problem. I drank 6 eight ounces yesterday so today I must drink 7.

I am truly tempted to change this challenge to something I can do easily. Is anyone else tempted to pick an easy challenge?
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    both of yours are great. i'm horrible at going to bed early no matter what day of the week it is. and kimww, a great pair of shoes makes all the difference in the world!!!!

i normally volunteer at the firehouse on friday nights, but i have the evening off, so i might go to an extra kickboxing class tonight. i've been super stressed lately (and unfortunately, it's not anything i have control over) and kickboxing gives me a chance to literally punch away the stress.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to not let the little things get to me, especially at work. Stuff like that can easily stress me out and put me in a bad mood.
  • hippiefemme
    hippiefemme Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Because I'm out of shape and tired a lot, I struggle with keeping my house tidy, which is a problem because I have allergies. Tonight I will put fresh sheets on the bed, dust, and sweep the floor. That will get me moving around and provide a better environment for me to feel healthy.
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've been slacking a bit for about the last month. So today is all about picking up where I left off. I'm readjusting my calorie level (going up) to see if it gets me back losing again. After playing with the last 5 pounds for nearly 2 months, it is well past time to start losing again. Refocusing is just what I need to get back on track. Today I'm just focusing on those calories being healthy. No sugar, no bread. Gotta get back to it now.
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have focused on drinking more water today, went for a brisk lunchtime walk. Wore my fit flops for the first time outdoors - did feel as though I was walking in sand so see if they make a difference. Husband away so salad for dinner and "NO TV" tonight. Feel good already
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Great doing guys! I just wanted us to realize little mini goals can be done in a day and/or small steps to start a change can begin and yes even on a Friday! I truly believe small changes or efforts in our lives makes a difference...why? because in step forward is a STEP!!!!!
    Keep pressing on!
  • NiaStarr87
    Options
    I have focused on drinking more water and get more walking in today. I've been slacking a bit on the walking but I'm going to get it done today..
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Great doing guys! I just wanted us to realize little mini goals can be done in a day and/or small steps to start a change can begin and yes even on a Friday! I truly believe small changes or efforts in our lives makes a difference...why? because in step forward is a STEP!!!!!
    Keep pressing on!

A Friday was when I started my workouts (2 weeks today) and i have definitely been feeling better! Tomorrow I am going grocery shopping and will start eating less processed food sooo excited! Especially since all my favorite fruits and Veggies are in season and on sale woo freaking hoo! :)
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    Drink enough water is my goal today. I have really been slacking off on it, and the scale shows it! :) So far 2 cups down at 11am, 6 more to go at least!
  • trishann1976
    Options
    Since I quit smoking in Jan. I have picked up another bad habit of snacking...healthier, yes but I've gained 20 lbs and can't drop them! I need to stop the snacking in the evenings!! I'm starting today, darn it!!!
  • singingpeach6301
    singingpeach6301 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My goal today was to cook dinner at home and I did! Normally, I eat out every meal on Fridays, but today only one! :)
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I did the 100 jumping jacks! I am so happy! I did something!
  • michelleraber
    Options
    Today was actually a fun challenge for me to do. I went to a friends house and swam for an hour. I have not been swimming in a really really long time. My doctor says that is the best kind of exercise that you can do because it work your whole body with the least damage. So not only did I get to spend some time with a friend, I also got to exercise at the same time. :smile: