Less IS More!

Options

Replies

• shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi, wow everyone is doing so well with the challenge this week. That bear walk will be interesting with my bum!!, not sure I'll be able to stay up for a whole 2 mins, I think i'll break it into 1 mins intervals! I'm not looking for to this workout because last time my thighs really hurt!
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Right there with you Shel! I always thought my legs were strong, but clearly they could use some help. I will be doing it as a circuit- probably two rounds of each. 1 min bear walk, 50 jumping jacks, 25 lunges, 25, squats, etc. and then I will fall face first into my bed.

DON'T FORGET TO STRETCH!! It's especially important to stretch when you are doing these legs and arms and back exercises that you aren't used to. Make sure you get a good stretch for each muscle group- it will help with not just the pain, but increase strength and tone quicker.
  • shelleycolton
    Options
    Hiya,

Hows everyone?

Wow, just finished the workout and omg that Bear Walk rubbish (lasted a just over a min and collapsed) well the person who thought that it is a good idea is mad!

Tuesday Update

Legs Workout DONE plus been golfing so mega tired now. Split the rest of the exercise into 2 circuits to break things up.

Portions of F & V

Raspberries = 1
    Strawberries = 1
    Carrots = 3 (OMG thats nearly 400g today)
    Green Beans = 1

Total 6 Portions

Night Night. x
  • malibootie
    Options
    Holy bear walk! Shelley, you weren't kidding. Those were murder- especially if you don't have enough room to do it properly and end up having to turn around a ton of times.

Did today's challenge, also drank 100 oz of water (I know it's not relevant anymore, but I am trying) and I ate my veggies:

3 cups of romaine
    3 servings of celery
    1 serving of iceberg
    1 serving of green peppers
    2 servings of strawberries

I am so proud of all of you. I know we all have challenges in our life, whether it be discipline, choices, or TIME, but we keep working towards our goals.
  • maryj2367
    maryj2367 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    MARYJ2367
    Wed 8/1 - completed my exercise , drank 100 oz h20 also did my 120 minutes of walking, did alot of packing and carrying
    Thur 8/2 - completed my exercise, drank 100 oz h20 also did my 120 minutes of walking did alot of carrying Fri 8/3 - completed my exercise, drank 100 oz h2o also did my 120 minutes of walking and extra walking at the fair.
    Sat 8/4 - completed my exercise, drank 100 oz h2o also did my 120 minutes of walking
    Sun 8/5 - completed my exercise, drank 130 oz h2o also did my 120 minutes of walking and 2 hours of dancing
    weight 191 no loss no gain
  • maryj2367
    Options
    MARYJ2367
    Monday 8/6 i drank over 20 cups of water did my 49 minutes of zumba, my daily workout and walked 120 minutes.
    f/v i had bananas= 2
    watermelon=3 cups
    cabbage=1 cup
    potatoes= 1 1/2 cup
    =i guess 8 f/v
    tuesday 8/7 i drank alot of fluids today water tea powerade zero.alot i walked my 120 minutes and did the daily exercises
    f/v i had bananas=2
    potatoes=1
    raspberries=1/2 cup
    lettuce= 5 cups
    apple= 1
    nuts=1 1/2 cups
    = i guess 11 f/v
  • malibootie
    Options
    Here we go- today and tomorrow's challenges!

Wednesday 8/8 - Total Body (15 min)
    Complete as many rounds possible in 15 minutes. Allow yourself 30 second rest between each different type of exercise.

Dumbell push up row - x 8
    Lying Knee Raised Crunch - x 8 OR clay if moderate x 8 (x12 if advanced)
    Overhead Squat - x8
    Pull up or Row followed by a Burpee x4 (beginner) x6 if moderate or x 8 if advanced

All exercises are shown in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK0uNBvjPhk

Thursday 8/9- ABS

Do 3 sets of 10

Butterfly Crunches - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=5ZBXpwsJHT0&NR=1

Windshield Wipers - (side to side is 1 rep)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=3RjBYZJVytw&feature=endscreen

Bird Dogs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS332XrXLzc&feature=related

Torso Twists - This video has 2 versions - the first one shown is with your legs on the ground. Do this version.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePe8OemOZh0

Alternate Toe Touches -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QAMiK8Fqsk&feature=related
  • malibootie
    Options
    Help next week?

I will be on vacation starting Saturday and will have limited access to the boards. I have the MFP app so I can continue to log, but I won't be able to check the boards everyday and post the daily/weekly exercises. Can one of you please volunteer to do that for me starting on Sat through next Sat?

I will still need everyone's weigh in on Sunday and weekly/daily challenge results in order to update the spreadsheet for Belinda. Thanks!!

Mal
  • malibootie
    Options
    WEEK 1 SCORES:

Olympians: 41 points (ahelgers10 -5 pounds)
    Less IS More: 38 points (Malibootie -3.2 pounds)
    Slim-2-win: 35 points (mommy2ajs -2.6 pounds)
    Shakers: 34 points (allnamesraken -2.2 pounds)
    ALL-IN: 29 points (BetterWithAge -0.5pounds)
    Fat-Bullies: 28 points (Canidoit11 -4 pounds)
    Pound-Droppers : 24 points (everyone gained)
    Movers: 23 points (lil_pixie -2 pounds)
    Vicious & Delicious: 22 points (no change in weight)
    Fit-Fine&Divine: 11 points (Lilpe5512 -1.4 pounds)

Congrats to the Olympians who won week 1 with a score of 41 points. They also had the biggest loser. Ahelgers10 dropped an amazing 5 pounds in our short first week!
  • shelleycolton
    Options
    Hi Mallorie, I'll volunteer on checking the boards and posting. Wow we did really well super impressed!!!! Well Done for the biggest loser for the team Mali, you're setting us a super example as our captain! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shelleycolton
    Options
    Hi All,

Heres my progress for the day.

The workout was tough but i got through it, watching the video a few times!! Plus done some extra jumping jacks and skipping.

Fruit and Veg Progress for Wednesday

Strawberry = 1
    Raspberry = 1
    Carrot = 1
    Sweet Potato = 2
    Tomato = 1
    Portobello Mushroom = 1
    Onion large = 1

Total 8.

Have a great day xx
  • malibootie
    Options
    Thanks Shelley!! I did NOT do so well yesterday. I DID eat my veggies, but I could not get through the workout. My arms are still in pain from the bear walks or something and I got caught up babysitting my niece. Excuses, excuses- but not good ones. Tonight I'm gonna rock the abs! And do my C25K.

Veggies for Wed:
    Celery- 1 serving
    Veggie Wrap- 1 half (2 servings)
    Veggie Burger- 1 pattie (2 servings)
    Strawberries- 2 servings
  • shelleycolton
    Options
    Hi, I know what you mean my thighs really hurt, i feel absolutely shattered today, i'm finding the hardest part of this is the exercises. Really tough. I try and battle through it, but its really hard going, plus some of them i have no idea what they are, so its really tough. Hopefully the abs will be better tonight. Liking the Fruit and veggies thou! Still sticking with the water on glass 4, i aim to get 8 in a day now.
  • pleytem
    pleytem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been such a crappy teammate this week I am a Union representative actually I am a Vice President of a very large local in California. One of our biggest units AT&T (who happens to be my employer) is in the middle of bargaining a contract covering 1/2 of the USA. Long story short we went out on a 2 day strike.It's been a rough couple days for me being an officer I have to be available 24/7 while on strike so I only got a couple hrs sleep here and there the last 3 days (we had to prep) so with that said everyone is back to work and the bargainers are back at the table bargaining and I am back focusing on our weight loss journey .. So here are my numbers for tues and weds as u can see I didnt eat well if we were counting coffee and bagels we would have scored big time as I was living in a world of coffee doughnuts and bagels...( Yes I did eat a stupid doughnut and I don't even like them haha)

Tues-
    1 Banana
    2 servings mixed veggies(carrots,broccoli)
    1 serving grapefruit

Exercises done they were tough....

Weds
    1 Banana
    2 servings mixed veggie carrots broccoli
    1 serving grape tomatoes

exercises done I did them 1/2 assed but done

I will focus on my fruits and veggies the remainder of the week try to catch up on some lost points ....
  • malibootie
    Options
    Pen, sounds like you are working a ton. Good for even trying to stay on topic!

I did my daily, I ate my veggies, and I TRIED to do my C25K. Unfortunately, I only got about halfway through before the lightning and thunder made me run home for cover. The rain was fine, but when fire may fly from the sky and hit me? Yea, I gave up!

Lunch:
    2 bowls of salad (4 servings)

Dinner:
    1 bowl of salad (2 servings)
    2 servings of refried beans
  • pleytem
    pleytem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thursday
    1 nectarine
    5 servings veg(peas broccoli carrots)

Total 6 servings

I did not do my exercise yesterday I just was too exhausted :( If I do it today with today's exercise would we get points? I might look at other teams and see if anyone has asked that yet.. Have a great day everyone
  • maryj2367
    Options
    MARYJ2367
    wednesday 8/8 i drank over 20 cups of water did my 49 minutes of zumba, my daily workout and walked 120 minutes.
    f/v i had 1 banana
    cranberries 1/2 cup
    nuts 1/2 cup
    8 cups lettuce
    =i guess 10 f/v
    thursday 8/9 i drank 11 cups of water plus powerade zero 2=32 ounce bottles120 minutes and did the abs exercises
    f/v i had 2 bananas
    1/2 cup of blackberries
    mixed veggies 2 cups
    1 nectarine
    carrots 1 cup
    grapes 1 cup
    = i guess 8 f/v
  • maryj2367
    Options
    MARYJ2367
    wednesday 8/8 i drank over 20 cups of water did my 49 minutes of zumba, my daily workout and walked 120 minutes.
    f/v i had 1 banana
    cranberries 1/2 cup
    nuts 1/2 cup
    8 cups lettuce
    =i guess 10 f/v
    thursday 8/9 i drank 11 cups of water plus powerade zero 2=32 ounce bottles120 minutes and did the abs exercises
    f/v i had 2 bananas
    1/2 cup of blackberries
    mixed veggies 2 cups
    1 nectarine
    carrots 1 cup
    grapes 1 cup
    = i guess 8 f/v
  • shelleycolton
    Options
    Hi, Mary your such a inspirations look at all those portions of F&V, Water and Exercise!!! Amazing.

Heres my progress for Thursday

Exercise - FAIL - Sorry, I was so tired my body just said no.
    F&V
    Strawberrys = 2
    Sweet Potato = 1
    Tomato = 1
    Cauliflower = 1
    Green Beans = 1
    Carrot & Sweet = 1

Total 7 Portions

Heres my progress for Friday
    Exercise = DONE

F&V
    Tomato = 1
    Courgette = 2
    Carrot =2

Total 5 Portions

Night Night, Im exhausted and I have tennis at 9am in the morning! Have a great evening. xx Shel xx
  • malibootie
    Options
    Keep it up everyone!! I am off to the beach for the week. I don't know how much I'll be on the boards (if at all) but Shelley is going to post the challenges for me cause she rocks!!

I am going to do my best while at the beach to be careful with what I eat, and keep up with some working out. however, I WILL be enjoying some "fatty food" just in moderation!