Options
fantpepa
fantpepa Posts: 6 Member
How long do you hoopla hoop for each day?:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• wyodawn
    wyodawn Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    not much lately, but when I go to music festivals, I'll hoop for hours a day. Heading to one on Friday, woot!
  • heidilugo
    Options
    at least an hour--I hoop while the news is on....
  • thinkucantell
    Options
    I hoop at the dog park :) that way my dog and I both get a work out. I try to hoop at least 30 minutes, but if I get really into it time just zips by and an hour is gone in a flash. LOVE HOOPING!
  • wyodawn
    Options
    That is a GREAT idea! We don't go to the dog park often, but that inspires me to! My dogs can't run anymore, but they still like to go and bark with all the young dogs.
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wyodawn - You mentioned you dance, hoop, etc. Can you give me tips on linking my hoop tricks together. I've learned to do the vortex, halo, I'm working on knee hooping but, how do you just connect them all as you dance? Is it more about practice? Did you teach yourself? I'd take any tips you can offer!
  • wyodawn
    Options
    Wyodawn - You mentioned you dance, hoop, etc. Can you give me tips on linking my hoop tricks together. I've learned to do the vortex, halo, I'm working on knee hooping but, how do you just connect them all as you dance? Is it more about practice? Did you teach yourself? I'd take any tips you can offer!
    I think it does just take a lot of playing around with it. I do like to mix a lot of off-the-body moves with things like the vortex & halo. I have the knee hooping down, but I'm still working on bumping it back up. I pretty much have to just drop it :( I haven't had a lot of time to practice lately but that's my next goal.

There were so many good hoopers at the festival this weekend. I want an LED hoop really, really, really bad. I definitely saw some moves I want to learn but don't know what they're called.
  • EnuffaMyButt
    Options
    I think it does just take a lot of playing around with it. I do like to mix a lot of off-the-body moves with things like the vortex & halo. I have the knee hooping down, but I'm still working on bumping it back up. I pretty much have to just drop it :( I haven't had a lot of time to practice lately but that's my next goal.

There were so many good hoopers at the festival this weekend. I want an LED hoop really, really, really bad. I definitely saw some moves I want to learn but don't know what they're called.

What festival? I keep looking around for some in my area (New England) but, never can find any! Can't you make your own LED hoop? That's my goal to make one for the fall.
  • EnuffaMyButt
    Options
    If anyone has any good links for practicing hoop moves, please post them! You never know when even one move clicks and helps someone! Just seeing it from a different perspective can help. :smile:
  • wyodawn
    Options
    It wasn't a hoop festival, but...Targhee Bluegrass. 3 day music festival at Grand Targhee ski resort. A buddy & I go every year-it's our mini vacation, it's only an hour away.