Insanity - best results in next 24 days.. ideas? Eat more?

Options
urglewurgle
urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
Hi guys,

I'm on my 6th week of Insanity and did loose a fair bit in the first month (12 lbs) and have toned up a great deal but this had pretty much stopped now. My long term goal is to get toned and healthy, I'm not bothered about my weight as much as I originally was.

My question is that my progress has stalled and I'm going on holiday in 24 days. I think I might not be eating enough but am scared to up my calories with a "deadline" looming and put myself back a step.

I'm 29, 5'3" and 158-160lbs. I calculated, using the nutrition guide, that I should be taking in 1800 cals a day (which I rarely do, I find it a struggle). And last week wasn't the greatest (I cheated as it was my birthday, but still did my work outs).

Anyone got any advice? I want to look the best I can on my holiday.. Thanks guys!

Replies

• urglewurgle
    Options
    Anyone? My food for the recent weekend was appalling as we went to a wedding!
  • yoobie
    yoobie Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey!

That's great to heart that you lost 12 lbs in the first month!

Unfortunately, that's the question that I struggle with a lot too. To eat as much as Insanity tells me to eat (1740) or not... A friend of mine who is a certified trainer at National Academy of Sports Medicine had recommended to me for ~1300-1500 so I've been keeping with that. I think as long as you eat the right kinds of food (especially the ones in the "Pious" & "Happy" Tiers from Michi's Ladder), you should be able to eat the amount of calories Insanity tells you to. Also, there's a portion in the book that says how if you're not losing like you think you should be, feel free to shave off 100-150 calories a day, but NEVER below 1300.

I know that probably didn't help, but I am hoping for the best for you! For your vacation meals, might I suggest eating a great variety of the foods at smaller portions?? That way you don't have to feel SO guilty about eating all that delicious yummy foods. Everything in moderation :)

Best of luck!
  • urglewurgle
    Options
    Thanks Hun! I'm gonna keep digging deep!
  • JulieisaC
    JulieisaC Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I lost a great deal on Insanity at about your size/age eating from 1,400-1,500 calories on average a week but cycling those days (some days real low, some days way over). In second month, i added below 60% mhr fasted cardio in 3-4 times a week in mornings (real slow jog), and I did 14 hr fasts daily (most of the time) with an occasional 24hr fast thrown in (after reading benefits of intermittent fasting schedules like Lean Gains and Eat Stop Eat). I really think this made a huge difference because I maintained a 2-3 lb weight loss weekly for majority of program, with markable decreases in inches and body fat, and I have never lost weight so fast within the "average" BMI bracket. You should look it up and give it a try! Good luck and kudos to you for your fitness gains so far.
  • urglewurgle
    Options
    @JulieisaC thanks Hun, I'll have a look into it! Not sure if I'd cope with fasting now I'm used to 5 or 6 small meals but I'll definitely have a look.

Tried an a dress last night that was far too tight since about 3 years ago and it zipped right up so must still be doing something right!