Looking for UK friends

Options
Hey guys,

My name is Nick, i currently live on Bournemouth and used to live in Cheshire (Ellesmere Port to be precise).

I've been a member of the site for almost a month now and i'm loving it, i have a number of friends on MFP already however i'm looking for people from the UK to add to my friends list. I currently have an epic amount of weight to lose, 113lbs to be exact, and i have so far lost 24lbs - 6 of which have been whilst a member of MFP and doing the good 'ole calorie counting.

I started at 24st 7lbs and want to get to 15st - 15st seems a little bit heavy still, however i'm (somewhere under the fat) quite muscly and have a large frame naturally - plus i'm 6ft 2, so i think that weight will be perfect for me.

Anyway, no more waffling from me (no food pun intended ;0) - feel free to add me!

Regards,
Nick.

Replies

• BuzzyLizzy77
    BuzzyLizzy77 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have just sent you a request.:smile:
    I'm in Northumberland and just starting on my journey to a healthier me
  • valkyriegirl44
    valkyriegirl44 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi going to send you a request. I'm from the west midlands and have been on here a while but only in past couple of months have become healthier on here. would also like to have friends from the UK:smile:
  • asayer
    asayer Posts: 47
    Options
    West Mids also here, will send you a request! Will be good to see some UK foods on peoples diaries!
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend anyone who needs more friends :) I don't have a lot to lose, aiming for 5kg and nearly half way there (but may increase that by another couple of kilos once I reach that goal). My challenge will be to keep it off once I reach my goal so plan on using MFP to keep track of calories and exercise in a hope to keep the weight off.
  • 3319jane
    3319jane Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm in Dorset too and have been here 6 months or so.

I am not massively active on the site, but I do log in everyday to log my food and see what my friends have been up to, so feel free to add me :)

Jx
  • pink_and_twinkly
    pink_and_twinkly Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sent request.

I've got a lot to lose as well, about 8 stone ish.
    Been here a week and had my first weigh in and lost 3lb.

Amy
  • BeniGee
    BeniGee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Nick

I am from Christchurch, Dorset and also originate from the Wirral. I managed to lose 56 lbs last year, but have been struggling with the last 7 lbs I seem to get 0.5 lb off and then get stuck for a few weeks.

Beni
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    Nick, if you truely want to hit your targets you will, it's a long hard journey but anything is possible. I used to get out of breath walking up the stairs, now I run - I run miles!!

I started at 128kgs, close to 19st I think - I've dug deep, kept the training up - hard sessions, always pushing as I am under the impression that if it's easy it's not doing anything for you;) I think I've lost around 40kgs - which is like a bag and a half of cement!!! Life is easier, much easier... I yesterday tried walking a mile on the treadmill holding two 20kg dumbells - holy**** was it hard going, and squats weren't too hot either!

Add me! I'm welsh - and if all else fails try Wales :) ha

It's all about eating clean and keeping active
  • moosejuice16
    Options
    Added. Always good to have more UK people for support
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm down in Hastings & looking for freinds too :smile:
  • Delboy1961
    Options
    Sent you a request.....also looking for UK friends especially runners
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I joined recently as well. Wouldn't mind some friends in the UK. :) Please add me. I'm unsure about just adding people willy nilly, as I feel rude without asking :)
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me, I've been on MFP 18 months and now looking to find some new friends.
  • Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey Nick!

I'll send you a request too I am actually living near the Port but I am from down south :) Well done on your weightloss so far!
  • alanpaulyoung
    Options
    Hi Nick,

I'm new too so would welcome making a few more friends. I think it's a real help reading what other people are doing and the things they are overcoming - we're all in it together.

Alan
  • sonyayoung18
    sonyayoung18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - also new and keen to make friends, share recipes and tips, please feel free to add me too :flowerforyou:
  • kelpud
    kelpud Posts: 14
    Options
    hi,

Was going to post the same so thought would just tag on here,

Feel free to add me