North Spokane

Options
:smile: Hey all, Im looking for someone I can walk, run (I'm a very new runner), or just plain work out with. I have a membership to a local gym on the northside) My schedule is kinda weird because I work night shift, but can still get together often. I think having accountability is not only good, but it is needed. So if there are any ladies out there looking for a workout partner, let me know.
Thanks

Replies

• Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    years ago I had a walking group- we used to meet at the Shadle Park High School track at least once or twice a week- if we get enough people out there interested, we could re-start that group... ;)
  • MamaD74
    MamaD74 Posts: 5
    Options
    I like that idea! Let's see what kind of response we get and go from there!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I live outside of town and work 4 days a week....but if you did anything on Fridays during the school year I could tag along:tongue: My kids go to school near shadle and I volunteer on Fridays but I still have time left on my hands on Fridays during school. If you wanted to start a walking group you could also use meetup.com, that usually works well.
    Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Mina133842
    Options
    I had several gals I used to work with that would do the walking thing. We usually picked one or two nights a week around 7ish and if you had kiddos- just stroller them, or let them walk too- actually had quite a few going other nights of the week, besides our "official night." If you could make it, great, and if not, just go to the next one, and invite friends- makes the time go by while your walking with a buddy!
  • MamaD74
    MamaD74 Posts: 5
    Options
    Sounds great to me. I work pretty much every night of the week (rotating every other week) so I don't have set evenings that I can walk. I would make it when I don't work. Mornings work well for me as far as working out.
  • Mina133842
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to do mornings at this point - my schedule is mostly days with some later shifts - 8:30-6 mostly, and some 9-7:15 (and I'm NOT a happy early riser! lol) since my kids usually have me up at just before 6, I'm reluctant to give up any more sleep than I already am (mostly going to bed around midnight).
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I live in Spokane and would love some new workout partners, I workout at The Fitness Center north - 5/6 days a week doing cardio and weight lifting classes!
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty flexible, I stay at home with the kids. No gym membership though, so it would be walking stuff for me. I used to walk daily in the mall, in the mornings right after the kids went to school, and outside during the summers and was getting in pretty good shape, so I'd like to get involved with that again.
  • dawndelion
    dawndelion Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What's the status of a walking group? Maybe we can schedule it week-by-week; rotate the day(s) to accomodate schedules.
    I'm available Mon-Fri after 2:30p and pretty much any time on the weekend.
    I don't have a gym membership but am open to hiking and just plain 'ol fitness walking.
  • Vickied84
    Vickied84 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I live in Spokane and would love some new workout partners, I workout at The Fitness Center north - 5/6 days a week doing cardio and weight lifting classes!

I just got a membership the other day at this gym. I'm looking forward to some of the classes they offer. Have you tried the TRX or bodypump?