VEGAN CHANGES

Options
maradot
maradot Posts: 95 Member
I have been a vegan for approximately 4 weeks. This week, I noticed that my pants are really getting lose,. Today, I put on a shirt which has always been too tight in the arms. Today it was lose in the arms, fitting normally. I can't argue with that. Furthermore, I have not been on a seriously reduced calorie vegan diet. I generally eat between 1300 and 1500 calories. It is true that I am exercising more. Never-the-less, I have worked out when I was eating animal products, and it was harder to see the kind of changes I am seeing now. It is surprising and amazing.

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    hooray!

I saw the same changes too when I switched to a vegan diet. My stomach has never looked better! Not that I have a 6 pack, but I don't have this gross bloated pregnant looking belly like I used to. I also worked out and ate less calories usually when I wasn't vegan and saw no results, and my work outs didn't get easier and it seemed I had a longer recovery time.
  • maradot
    maradot Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree, although I may get sore muscles, they are not nearly as sore as they use to be - and recovery is much shorter.

When I was eating "lean" animal protein and working out, I could be sore for days.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I can fit my boots over my calves without a struggle since eliminating animal products -- so happy about that change!
  • Music4Hym777
    Music4Hym777 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    hooray!

I saw the same changes too when I switched to a vegan diet. My stomach has never looked better! Not that I have a 6 pack, but I don't have this gross bloated pregnant looking belly like I used to. I also worked out and ate less calories usually when I wasn't vegan and saw no results, and my work outs didn't get easier and it seemed I had a longer recovery time.

Now my tummy only looks pregnant bloated after I have eaten dairy. Then I look 7mos pregnant
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I agree! My weight has stabilized at 140 lbs and my stomach looks flatter all the time, not just in the morning. I've been vegan for like 2 months almost I think. Love it!! And I eat 1800-2000 calories a day.
  • dawnal1028
    dawnal1028 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When I became vegan back in late November, I quickly lost 20 pounds without even working out!
    The weight loss then definitely stabilized. So now I am trying to work out regularly as well as logging everything on here. I will never go back to a meat-based diet. Becoming vegan has made a world of difference in how I feel!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I notice an improved recovery time as well. Can't complain! Congrats! I'm glad you're enjoying your new lifestyle! :drinker:
  • urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    The same happened to me!! When I was eating meat and working out 10 hrs per week I had no where near the same success as eating vegan and working out less. The tummy bloat that I've had since I was in 4th grade is a million times better too... Not a six pack either but WAYYYYYY better than my super working out days!!!!
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    No more tummy aches!