body odor

Options
stylistchik
stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
I've heard this before but I've recently started experiencing it.... I think. LOL After eating a fairly clean vegan diet, I don't smell. Even when sweating and without giving up coffee. I started making my own deodorant a few years ago (BEST EVER let me know if you want details) but this summer it was so humid that I just started dusting a little talc-free baby powder under there to stay dry. I check frequently but rarely is there any odor. Anyone else have this awesome side effect??

Replies

• mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hmm, haven't noticed but sounds like an excellent side effect! I'd love your homemade deodorant "recipe" please!

I have noticed that I used to sweat a LOT and had to use clinical strength deodorant and all my shirts were ruined by sweat, not true so much lately...
  • stylistchik
    Options
    Here's the recipe: http://sneakytofu.blogspot.com/2011/03/lets-get-crunchy.html

I still sweat a lot but I don't have any issues with staining since switching to natural deodorants. A plain baking soda and cornstarch mixture work well too and keep me pretty dry.
  • livelongmama
    livelongmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Here's the recipe: http://sneakytofu.blogspot.com/2011/03/lets-get-crunchy.html

I still sweat a lot but I don't have any issues with staining since switching to natural deodorants. A plain baking soda and cornstarch mixture work well too and keep me pretty dry.

Does the coconut oil stain your clothing, or do you use so little that it is completely absorbed into your skin like lotion? This recipe sounds great. Thanks!
  • stylistchik
    Options
    I haven't noticed any staining but I haven't tried it with delicate fabrics. I'm a cotton/spandex type of girl lol Usually the coconut oil absorbs right away and you're left with a light powder coating that doesn't prevent you from sweating but does remain dry compared the all the "natural" deodorants I've found. I read somewhere that the staining (yellow) comes from the bacteria reacting with the anti-perspirants so that is eliminated with any natural deodorant. I haven't noticed any oil staining, though. I didn't tell my husband for months that I was using home made deodorant because I thought it was weird and when I finally told him he was like "that's awesome can you make me some?" haha
  • Toofhairy
    Toofhairy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Your recipe sounds great. Thanks for sharing!
  • quiescentaureateserpent
    Options
    I honestly don't know as I use the crystal deodorant for a year now and went vegan a few months ago and no smell ever. But that is really cool as a side effect I agree. :) Yay for you =^.^=