Introduce yourself!

Options
kbonamour
kbonamour Posts: 49 Member
:happy: Hi everyone! My name is Krista, and this is my second day here on MyFitnessPal. I did a search for a group for the Quad Cities, and since I did not find one, thought I would start one myself. So... let me tell you a little about myself. I just turned 30 this year, and just had my beautiful daughter, Serenity, in September. I still had not the baby weight from my son, Bryce, who is now 8 years old, when I got pregnant with Serenity. While pregnant, I found out that I am borderline diabetic, and as a result had gestational diabetes. I had to go on a pretty carb-restrictive diet, as well as take insulin 4 times per day. I wound up losing 20 pounds during my pregnancy from this diet, but have gained back 10 of it already. I no longer am insulin dependent since having my daughter, but am still at a risk for becoming type 2 diabetic if I don't lose weight. So... here I am at MFP to help me keep track of my goals and get support from other members here who are also working towards getting in shape.

Replies

• thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cindy and I live in DeWitt. I too have been looking for people around the Quad-Cities area to meet. I am 27 and have two wonderful boys: Caleb 4 and Noah 3. I am a busy full-time Walmart employee and mom. I have been married to the love of my life since 2005. Can't wait to meet new people.
  • hbdub7
    hbdub7 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am Heather...I am 27 living with my boyfriend of almost 6 years in Moline. I am an Asst Branch Manager for American Bank and Trust...and I love my job...but sitting around all day for the last 6 years has done a number on my weight! So far I have lost just about 30lbs and working hard to get about 80 to 90 more lbs off...back to the days when I was a steady 150!!! Feel free to add me as a friend, support is the best thing!!
  • kbonamour
    kbonamour Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am Heather...I am 27 living with my boyfriend of almost 6 years in Moline. I am an Asst Branch Manager for American Bank and Trust...and I love my job...but sitting around all day for the last 6 years has done a number on my weight! So far I have lost just about 30lbs and working hard to get about 80 to 90 more lbs off...back to the days when I was a steady 150!!! Feel free to add me as a friend, support is the best thing!!

I used to work at UPS, which was a pretty good workout. Now I own my own photography business and also work part-time as a cashier. I completely understand about not getting a lot of exercise while working.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Helen, I live in Davenport. I'm a single mom of a 19 year old. Everything else always came before me, but that has changed.
  • pailinka
    pailinka Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Jade and I live in Davenport with my fiance and two cats. I am a sales rep for a steel service center. I'm looking forward to getting to know some more people in the Quad Cities area!
  • tjw1974
    tjw1974 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! My name is Thom and I've been using MyFitnessPal for about a month now and off and on for almost a year before that. This go around is going really well, as I now belong to a gym and am motivated to workout and burn calories so that I can eat more food... and still stay within my calorie goal. I'm currently at my goal body weight... at three times my goal bodyfat. Ugh.

I work for WQAD News 8. You might sometimes see me on News 8 at 11 talking about some of the stories we're working on for the evening shows or commentating on "Dancing With the Stars" when it's on.

I only have one friend here on MyFitnessPal and, despite being my TeamBeachBody Coach, she's not at all motivating. In fact, I encourage her often, but it's not returned. Weird. Anyway, I'm hoping to add some friends who are willing to be mutually encouraging as we work toward our goals!
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Quad Citians! I live in Maquoketa, but work and go to school in Davenport. I've used MFP off and on over the last couple of years, and I'm here again. I've joined Planet Fitness in the Village Center, and have been working out there early mornings three days a week. I seem to have the most success when I track my intake, so I've come back to MFP.

I have always belonged to groups on here - even before there was an official "groups" option - but never was able to connect with local people - so I was really glad to find this group! I would love to motivate others and maybe get motivated in return - the journey is so much easier and much more fun when one has someone to travel along with you!

I'm almost 42, a married mother to a 15 yo girl who is the light of my life and will probably be the death of me - all in the same day. (Those of you with teenagers will understand, LOL.) I have worked in the health information world for more than 20 years - and had steadily gained over about 10 years until I reached a point a year ago that I realized I had to do something or I would likely not see retirement. I lost about 50 pounds in the last year and hit a wall and started to gain it back - which prompted my return to MFP.

My hubby is motivated to lose weight, but he's not to that "point" yet where he's ready to really buckle down and get to it. If I cook healthy, he eats healthy - but left to his own devices, he'd rather have "quick" than wait for "healthy" - especially if I'm at school and he's responsible for making dinner - which happens 2-3 nights a week. He'll get there, though - I think if I continue this pattern and start to see results, it'll motivate him to jump back on the health bandwagon.

Ok, I'm done writing my book, LOL. Looking forward to "meeting" all of you....
  • Carlysanders7
    Options
    My name is Carly. I live in Davenport. I just joined MFP in the past month. I started gaining weight when I turned 30, I swear 10 pounds appeared overnight. Since then I think I have gained about another 15 pounds with the death of each of my parents. It has been hard keeping myself motivated to not what ever I felt like shoveling in my face. I am unemployed at the moment. I graduated from Palmer about a year ago with an Asst. Degree and haven't been able to find a job as of yet, and it has been killer on the waistline. I stay home with our puppy most days, if I'm not interviewing. I think it'll be a lot easier to lose some of this weight once I'm working and moving around again.
  • ALHicks
    ALHicks Posts: 145
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Ashley and I am 28 years old. I have twin daughters that just turned 4 and my life is either work or my family. I have been overweight all my life with a few successes at dieting the a yo yo act right back up. I joined MFP because the ladies I work with started up a little challenge on here so it got me motivated. Now I am on a roll and hopeful this is when my story stops being about ups and downs and just stays down.
  • dfoley10
    dfoley10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Dan and I live in Davenport with my wife and 8 year old son. About 5 years ago I lost 25 lbs but it is all back on. I am a stress eater. I am trying to lose weight and get in shape to get my energy level high, because my life demands it. I have 1 friend using MFP already, but I am looking for more people to motivate me and keep me accountable.
  • AmyJKSaunders
    AmyJKSaunders Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Amy, and I have been on MFP for about a month. During that time, I have lost 5 of the 60 pounds I have left to lose. I live in Rock Island with my husband and have worked in the legal field here in the Quad Cities for over 17 years. My how time flies when you're having fun!

I found out I am diabetic in January of this year, and had lost 7 pounds up until the time I joined MFP about a month ago. So, I have actually lost 12 pounds all together. I am so happy that to date, I have got my A1C number down and do not have to take any medications or insulin at this time. Big accomplishment!

I don't want to be skinny - I prefer the healthy, athletic, curvier build for myself - healthy being the most important.

I would love to become friends with those who are dedicated to their goals and want to share their highs and lows on a daily basis. I know this last month has been helpful to me, and we can definitely learn from each other.

Stay positive, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Amy
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kevin. I live in Bettendorf, and work in Iowa City. I have worked on my own to gain and lose weight several times. I do well losing, and then rebound and gain back all I lost plus some. In April, I hit that point where I never wanted to get to and started to lose again. A month into hta, I was diagnosed with prediabetes, and that's when I hit serious motivation. With a similar site as MFP, I lost 60 pounds, and recently jumped over here. I get into the pool at the Y on M-Fr everyday on the way hgome from work, and am seeing slow but noticable improvement in my cardiovascular fitness.
  • hbdub7
    hbdub7 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    welcome kevin! and good luck with your weight loss!
  • DawnMB27
    DawnMB27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Dawn and I live in Clinton. Please message me if you'd like to be friends.
  • mwoodin30
    Options
    Hello! My name is Michael but everyone I know calls me Mike. I'm a born and raised Moliner here (not sure if that's something to be proud of). Graduated in '05 and am currently trying to get back into school for accounting and business management. I have about 2 years of college done before an unfortunate family situation happy. I just joined the site 2 days ago and am excited to see other Quad City people here. Still live in Moline and share a house with 2 dogs. That's all I got for now

There's my 2 cents ;)
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi my names Monica born and raised in coal valley. I live in Colona now i graduated from moline in 06' I work part time, I don't have a gym membership I have been working out at home and enjoying zumba and the fresh air...well when it's not raining :( Anyone can add me i'm always looking for encouragement my diary is open so you can see the good and bad lol I started January 14th this year and have lost 37lbs and said goodbye to 4pant sizes. It's been awesome journey but sometimes it is rough especially trying to make sure my son gets attention same with my husband lol
  • lauradructor
    Options
    I'm Laura, 42 yo. I was an athlete in high school & college & used to be in great shape, but a pair of accidents in 2003 laid me up for a long time with a bad shoulder & arm injury. Between not being able to run and the meds, then the economic crash really hit hard and caused a bad bout of depression, I gained a lot of weight and need to lose 50 or 60 lbs. I'm ready to get back into the action and make time to rebuild myself, both physically and self-confidence. It would be awesome to find some local friends to help keep me accountable.