Dragon*Con

Options
Allihexen
Allihexen Posts: 111 Member
Hello my fellow geeks!

I'm just wondering who in all goes? I've been every year of my life and I don't see that stopping anytime soon. However, I feel that this year will be quite different for me as I'm twenty-two pounds lighter. I'm sure I'll be even less by then. Hope so at least! At least skinny enough to rock the costumes I want to.

Anyway! Do you go and what's your opinion? What's your favorite track, etc?

~Alli

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    not I. it's too far. but I do go to Emerald City Con which is in my neck of the woods and have gone to the big one San Diego Comic con for the past 5 years.
  • SkinnyBeth4Life
    SkinnyBeth4Life Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Went last year and loved it! I'm definitely a Trek Trakker by far but I did a little bit of everything. I cannot wait to be skinnier. Being able to cosplay in those skimpy outfits is going to be AWE-SOME!

Since this is a Dragon*Con thread, anyone have any room for me and the boyfriend for this year's con? We waited too late and now can't get a room in the entirety of downtown. *sad face*
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I wish. Too far for me. I go to Armadillocon (literary) and Comic Con (actors) in Austin.

Even though I'm ancient (42), I still dream of dressing up for Comic Con. My days of revealing costumes are over, though. Ah, wasted youth!
  • Allihexen
    Options
    I would love to go to Comic Con...ANY OF THEM! Especially SDCC.

Went last year and loved it! I'm definitely a Trek Trakker by far but I did a little bit of everything. I cannot wait to be skinnier. Being able to cosplay in those skimpy outfits is going to be AWE-SOME!

Since this is a Dragon*Con thread, anyone have any room for me and the boyfriend for this year's con? We waited too late and now can't get a room in the entirety of downtown. *sad face*

Beth: My reply has something about it. :) And honestly, I can't wait for the skimpy outfits myself.
  • Anthyitis
    Anthyitis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've never been. I have a friend who lives in the area now and is offering thier guest room, so I'm debating whether or not to go. So far leaning towards yes!
  • Allihexen
    Options
    You so should! I would advise, though, if you've never been to a con, it's going to be overwhelming.
  • Anthyitis
    Options
    It would be my second. The first con that I went to was much, much MUCH smaller. So yeah, I'm completely anticipating being overwhelmed....fortunately I'll be there with people who have been a few times before.
  • Allihexen
    Options
    That's always a plus. You should come though. It's a lot of fun.
  • girlaskew
    girlaskew Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have gone for the last 5 years and am going this year (YAY!) I don't really keep to a track, but probably the Joss Whedon track. Any Firefly panels and the Buffy/Dr. Horrible sing along are on my lists.
  • Allihexen
    Options
    Awesome! Amazingly enough, I never got into Firefly. I definitely need to. Even my boyfriend likes it to an extent.
  • Anthyitis
    Options
    Just purchased my membership. So excited!!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

If you don't mind an overflow hotel, some of them still have availability. Check out the Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown, W Atlanta Midtown, and Holiday Inn (links and rate codes can be found from the Dragon*Con hotels website).

This will be my 9th year at Dragon*Con and I can't wait. Knocking together some quick costumes this year since I've lost weight and my geek wardrobe no longer fits!
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have been 3 different years and love it! I am unable to go this year and that makes me super sad as John Barrowman is going to be there. Next year though I am going and taking my son. He'll be 16 so I figure he can do the day stuff with me and be sequestered to the room after 10pm as the outfits get pretty skimpy and the crowd a little rowdy.
  • followmyredthread
    Options
    This will be my 9th year. I am SO EXCITED! I'm planning on cosplaying Tifa Lockhart, so it's been a huge source of motivation to stick to/work harder on my current exercise routine. 17 days to go! EEEE!
  • thunderchld
    thunderchld Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ack! This is the first year I CAN'T go. I am so heart broken! It's the ONE and ONLY thing I look forward to all year.

AND this year Katee Sackhoff (my girl crush) is going. v_v Le Sigh.
  • Ranidan2
    Ranidan2 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'll be there, this will be the first time. It's not the type of con I usually go to; I prefer anime and gaming cons, but I missed out on getting PAX Prime tickets and this was on the same weekend. I'm sure I'll find something great about it.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If anyone sees someone cosplaying Molly Ringwald this weekend, be sure and say Hi. I can't imagine there will be two of us!
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I went in 1997. I was trying to go again this year, but I don't have the money. So I'm saving up for next year!