New to this group and looking for some friends.

Options
My name is Jessica. I'm 22 years old and trying to grow in my faith as well as losing some weight. I have been a member of MFP since June of 2011 and have been somewhat dedicated off and on. I have decided that I need to put more effort into it than I have been and think that having some friends would help me to be more accountable. I would also like to encourage others in their own journeys.

Replies

• winterdancer
    Options
    I am also new to the group and would like some friends also as well. @ Jessica friend request on its way
  • Srogas
    Srogas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Susan. Please feel free to add me. I started last fall but didn't seek out friendships until this summer. It makes a huge difference! I'm praying for you for both your weight loss and your faith!
  • winterdancer
    Options
    thank you so much. my biggest is food. I undereat have for a long time. so if you guys can pray for me on this I will find the right calories and wiser eating choices I would so appreciate it.
  • pendii
    pendii Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I'm a newbie to the MFP message boards too. I've used MLP on and off for a few years, but I got really serious about losing weight about 6 weeks ago or so. Accountability makes all the difference in weight loss and in faith.

I'm 27, married, no kids yet. Working and going to school for my masters. Trying to carve out the time to make a healthier me. Also trying to be more accountable in my quiet times with God. How do you balance everything on a long list everyday?
  • Srogas
    Srogas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @pendii- I am 52 and still trying to figure out how to balance everything! Remember God's love and mercy and forgiveness when we blow it! Most days something has to give...priorities. Making Christ your #1 in all areas seems to make everything fall into place. It also makes the things that we thought were so important get in their proper place in our lives.
    Anyway -I love MFP and the dear Christian friends I have made here. We are all in this together, and someday when we are in heaven together, this will all seem so silly. We will have our PERFECT bodies!!
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I was reading in Colossians today for my quiet time and was in chapter 3 where is says to put off earthly desires. I realized that one of my earthly desires is food! Ouch! :grumble:

Anyway, while praying I realized that I should search for a Christian group on MFP for support. There are a bunch of them on here but I felt led to join a women only group. :-)

I am 52, going through peri-menopause, and have gotten serious about my weight loss and staying fit in the last year.
  • maemae67
    Options
    Hello my name im Michele I'm also new to this group and to the site. Im also looking for friends. My screen name is maemae67
  • ReneeJ814
    ReneeJ814 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies! Feel free to add me. My name is Renee and I'm a full time graduate student. I'm getting my masters in speech-language pathology. Yesterday was the first day of my last year of school. Woo hoo!!! I'd love to support and encourage each of you.
  • vmudgett
    vmudgett Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Vivien. I am a 57 year old Christian woman fighting hard to balance all and keep Christ in the center. I had a gastric bypass in December, and have lost 90 pounds but it has not been easy I had a lot of complications and only now am I starting to feel good. I am looking to share ideas and support with other women who struggle with weight loss, who have Christ in their lives and are trying to balance it all. Thanks!
  • nesy66
    nesy66 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi my name is Vanessa and I am new to this so am keen to make friends if anyone would like to add me. I'm 46 and have 2 teenagers, one going off to uni next month. I had heart surgery 2 years ago unexpectedly and am tryin to keep active and healthy. God has healed me of a lot of self rejection issues over the years and I am finally having a healthier relp with food. Lookin forward to travelling this journey with others too.
  • xmasjunky
    Options
    We all need support and pray on this journey. Friend me if you would like more support. Cindy
  • berkshired
    berkshired Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need some friends too. I tried first to get coworkers who also use mfp to be friends on here, but
    it doesnt seem to be happening. Thank you!
  • lovinlifelaura
    Options
    Hi! I'm fairly new to MFP and am looking for some Christian friends to walk with me on my continuing fitness journey. I'm a 44-year-old wife and mother of three children, ages 18, 13, and 7.

Would love to be your MFP friend!
  • mom4mitcham
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to this group too. Just starting using MFP about 5 days ago. A doctor I work with told me about it and so far I love it. I am 36yrs old and a mother of 4 boys. I have battled my weight all my life but now that I am getting older it is getting harder. I could really use some friends to pray for me, encourage me and keep me accountable. I need to lose about 75lbs.
  • sunshinelady512
    sunshinelady512 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP at my cousin's suggestion because she was using it and thought it was great. It has helped me to lose 25 pounds so far... still got a long way to go, but I am determined that I WILL get there. I joined in late April and I've made a couple friends on here through discovering shared interests on the message boards. I'm a 37-year-old married Christian woman who has over 100 pounds to lose. Feel free to message me or add me as a friend.
  • 4mybeloved
    Options
    HI, My name is Marie and I just joined MFP tonight. So glad to see this group and looking for friends to join up with in this journey. My main reason for joining was the support of others, the easy way to track to help get into better shape. I have truely missed not having the strength and endurance to flag/dance during worship. And with physical challenges well, you tend get discouraged after awhile and start listening to Satan and his lies. So I have determined- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
  • MissyMouse2323
    Options
    Hello everybody... I'm 22 years old, recently married... I've been heavy ever since I was young... I weighed 300 plus my junior year in high school... The Lord has helped me most of the way but I am having a hard time with this last 35-40 pounds or so... I would love to be an encouragement for others and make great friends that can encourage me as well... I also love to talk Jesus... God bless!! (Feel free to add me as a friend, please :)
  • saper97
    saper97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group and saw this post. I've been here since last fall, but haven't thought to look for friends until now. I'd love to add some like-minded friends for support and encouragement as well. I've got a long way to go and would like to be part of your support group and any others who are looking for the same!