South Mountain Hiking

Options
kzcortes
kzcortes Posts: 208 Member
Anyone interested in getting a group together to meet up at one of the south mountain trail heads? Gotta be early and on a weekend

Replies

• ecove
    ecove Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Anyone interested in getting a group together to meet up at one of the south mountain trail heads? Gotta be early and on a weekend

It's too hot for me, even in the mornings but I'm game once the weather cools down.
  • kzcortes
    Options
    Sweet I'll send you an invite. Yeah even in the mornings the temperature picks up pretty fast...maybe more towards the fall/winter
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I'm out there every Thursday night and every other Saturday morning. Company is always welcome.
  • kzcortes
    Options
    I'm out there every Thursday night and every other Saturday morning. Company is always welcome.

Nice we might be able to get a bigger group towards winter hopefully.
  • Dibone0212
    Options
    That would be great! We live close to the mountain.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Lately been doing the back side of north mountain @ 530am or Thunderbird Preserve.
  • kzcortes
    Options
    Sounds good! I added dibone and once the weather cools down we'll figure out a time/place. Are you nearby south mountain at all tobrn?
  • tobnrn
    Options
    Sounds good! I added dibone and once the weather cools down we'll figure out a time/place. Are you nearby south mountain at all tobrn?

Not oober close but not that far either.
  • Dibone0212
    Options

Not oober close but not that far either.

I could bring my fiance too if she's up for it
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    count me and hubbie in! :) We love south mtn. I am still nursing my knee, but can't wait to get back to hiking, ESPECIALLY south mtn:) Good for geocaching too:)
  • ecove
    ecove Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Alright folks, it looks like we're hitting hiking weather; so... who's up for a hike?
  • tobnrn
    Options
    Im in.
  • wakechick25
    Options
    I would love to join as well! Love south mountain!
  • stevenhunt82
    stevenhunt82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in, let me know where and when. Saturdays and Sundays are good for me. A great cardio alternative.
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • cyclerjenn
    Options
    Anyone one Interested in a hike and brunch this Saturday? I am planning on Corona Loma trail on the south side of South Mountain. Brunch after at Hillside Cafe?
  • stevenhunt82
    stevenhunt82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Starting from Warpaint? What starting time?
  • cyclerjenn
    Options
    Yes Warpaint trail head at 7. Anyone is invited!
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    How is the trail? Is it beginner frinedly?
  • cyclerjenn
    Options
    You will start out on Dessert classic which is very beginner friendly. You can either join me with the climb to the Buena Vista point or continue the loop back to the car. The climb to the point is moderate level hiking, but you climb over one range, then lower back into a valley and then have to climb back out again to reach the point.