Made A Decision Need Help

Options
nbrown1989
nbrown1989 Posts: 44 Member
So, decided that I will transition for a while and then cut what are some good resources I can use and what is my first step no relaxer since June.

Replies

• Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    NaturallyCurly.com, Curlynikki.com, and Hairscapades.com are good places to start. YOu will learn about the best transitioning products for your curl type and texture, and hairstyles that will get you through the transitioning process as well as styles for once you finally big chop. I hope that helps. Good luck :wink:
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Curlynikki has a smartphone app too. It's great. Good luck.
  • BamaGirl813
    Options
    Curlynikki has a smartphone app too. It's great. Good luck.

Ohhh thanks! I didn't know there was an app! Gonna check it out! :)
  • nbrown1989
    Options
    Thanks I will keep you guys updated. I cowashed my hair and now im trying to bantu knot it but I guess i will see how it looks in the am
  • nbrown1989
    Options
    Thanks I will keep you guys updated. I cowashed my hair and now im trying to bantu knot it but I guess i will see how it looks in the am
    That was a fail... Try again
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I usually did roller sets during my transition.
    That was a fail... Try again
  • Calyse90
    Calyse90 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies im calyse been natural for 5 days bc'd august 10th 2012 very spur of the moment not planned was actually about to get hair relaxed but I looked in the mirror and saw the damage n said its time to go natural im wearing a wig soon to get plats I just downloaded curly nicki way back wen I ever thought about going natural I was a frequent viewer of long hair care forum n black hair media forum thanks curvimami forum inviting me to the forum
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies im calyse been natural for 5 days bc'd august 10th 2012 very spur of the moment not planned was actually about to get hair relaxed but I looked in the mirror and saw the damage n said its time to go natural im wearing a wig soon to get plats I just downloaded curly nicki way back wen I ever thought about going natural I was a frequent viewer of long hair care forum n black hair media forum thanks curvimami forum inviting me to the forum

:wink:
  • nbrown1989
    Options
    I need to figure out how to roller set.. I think im going to braid and get a weave for now
  • nbrown1989
    Options
    i bought a few items at beauty supply store I think im going to try another twist out tonight wish me luck.
  • Msdjt75
    Msdjt75 Posts: 24
    Options
    If you have ever considered locking, I would encourage you to Sisterlock your hair. You can start locks with perm, all you need is two inches of new growth, I am /sisterlocked, have been for 6 years, to me you have all of the benefits of perm and natural loose hair because of the small size, there is not a styling option you can't do with them. you can most certainly check out my website, www.knottygirlbynature.com. I am on face book too by the same name, Knotty Girl By Nature, I forgot to include, I am a consultant.