NATURAL HAIR MAKES U LOOK OLD??!!

Options
kay1188
kay1188 Posts: 132 Member
I was told by a colleague today, in an effort to detour me from my life long dream of being COMPLETELY NATURAL, that is should not go natural as it will make me look old and as a result I will lose my husband...

HELLooooooo... am I the only one who thinks this is just plain crazy????

I was natural when he met me... and i do not plan to just catch my hair in one and keep it dry and unkempt....
My plan is to spend on the best products for my hair to get it curly and retain length...

At this point its about me and my choices for myself.... and as long as i have the support of my HUSBAND... the opinion of others is quite frankly none of my business...

I feel better... I got the opportunity to vent

Replies

• ltaylor208402
    ltaylor208402 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is SOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT TRUE! Ever since I have been wearing my natural hair I have been told by EVERYONE that I look younger. They told me that the weaves were nice but they made me look older. Sweetheart embrace your natural hair and yes that statement that your colleague made was CRAZY. I can almost guarantee that your husband perfers you wearing your natural hair. Have a blessed day :smile:
  • TraeP
    TraeP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Exactly right, natural hair is beautiful hair and you do look younger and feel younger and more free to be who you really are . That person should keep their opinion to them self and you just let it roll like water on a ducks back!
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    LOL, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! I swear I learn a new one everyday, the long list of natural stereotypes keep on growing.
  • kay1188
    kay1188 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I honestly forgot Y I relaxed my hair in the first place... till now
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Ughhh its already a tedious task to take on and commit to, why would someone say that to you??!! Since I have gone natural I have tried different styles to keep myself looking good, and my husband loves that I wear my real hair now.....ughhh people!