starting insanity tonight. ? about heart rate monitors

Options
I am starting my first insanity workout tonight. I have a polar heart rate chest strap but not a watch monitor. Any suggestions?

Replies

• fitQueenbeast
    Options
    It seems that you would need a polar heart rate monitor to go with the polar chest strap. I use the FT7 and LOVE IT. It tracks calories burned, as well.

Erica
  • laurenaphelps
    Options
    Do you feel like it tracks calories better than one that basically counts your steps?
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    Do you feel like it tracks calories better than one that basically counts your steps?

Hi Lauren. Is your question directed at me?

Erica
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    a heart rate monitor is a great investment. it is the most accurate way to see what you are burning and monitor your weight loss. this is espeically true for a program as intense as insanity where there is no other way to know for sure what you have done. you'll need the watch to go with the chest band. I reccomend polar as well mine is ft7 and I love it.
  • AngelicSmile
    Options
    You need the watch to see your heart rate zone during work out. I have both of them and they works really good.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You need the watch to see your heart rate zone during work out. I have both of them and they works really good.

^^ This... and I would suggest getting it asap. MFP was overestimating my workouts sometimes by 50%. Use a HRM.