RIding this weekend?

Options
TXBelle1174
TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
Who is riding this weekend? We are actually supposed to have better weather. Only a high of 92 predicted for Saturday so I am taking my daughter trail riding at Bob Jones park in the morning when it is still cool. Then Saturday night we are going to the Coliseum to watch an NRHA championship freestyle reining.

Replies

• BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i would like to go, but we'll see how hot it is here. i always feel bad riding when its hot. the horse never wants to do anything and i don't blame her.
  • TXBelle1174
    Options
    I try to go first thing in the morning.. saddled up and headed out no later than 8am because at 10am is starts to get HOT. Friday night should be pretty cool though so Saturday morning may be wonderful riding weather. We have a park with equestrian only trails and its right along the lake and the trail is mostly shaded by trees. It's a very nice ride. We like to stop and let the horses play in the water while we stretch our legs, then head back. Its about a 2 hour ride. That is about all the kid can handle. :)
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm doing some on Friday evening - actually refining my skills with an instructor for a little while then maybe early saturday morning I may go ride my mare before football practice at 10:30 for my boys.
  • Jessamyfrm
    Options
    Depending on the weather. Meant to be a scorching heat of 32' degrees on Saturday and I'll feel bad taking my horse out for a ride in the sun if there's no clouds in the sky. Might treat him to a lovely cool bath instead just so he can go out in the field and roll after..
  • TXBelle1174
    Options
    My horse has a LOT of white, and the hair on his neck is very short. I have to spray him with sunscreen in the summertime or he gets sunburned. Poor guy. Luckily my favorite trail is mostly shaded. Also fortunate enough to have cloud cover this weekend. Should be a nice morning to ride tomorrow.