day 2

Options
svesemenja
svesemenja Posts: 67 Member
Good morning everyone!

how do you feel?

it hot and sunny in SE Asia, again... this rainy season is so weird, not a drop of rain... but forecast is saying thunderstorms and lot of rain for today. i really hope they are right...

i am just leaving for my lab.. lot of writing today... i am trying little bit hard to find some vegetables in canteen.. they used to have them, but yesterday i checked all the stands and either it was very spicy or it was in some bitter soup... i think i will have to try to eat ginger soup... i think my parents will be so proud since i started this, i tried so many new things...

goal for today: eat the soup :) and gym time definitely and 30D.

have a wonderful day ladies! i read the end of day 1, its so motivational.. yay.. we can do it.. :)

Replies

• KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Morning all.

Its cloudy here on the south coast of Britain. Secret Eaters was interesting last night. Did any other Brits see it? They suggested that if you binge eat that you weigh yourself every day so you can see how it effects your weight gain. Friday nights are often my cheat days that can escalate to a binge if I am not careful.

I now weigh myself every day and keep a line graph for that month on my bedroom wall that I add to every morning. The vertical axis measures weight in pounds (one little square for each 0.1 of a pound with an overall range of 3 pounds above and 4 pounds below my starting weight) and the horizontal axis are the days on the week in that month i.e. 1-31. Every day I add another line so I cansee how it fluctuates over the month. It's interesting to see how my period effects my weight. I have found this visual reminder that I can't help but look at every time I go in my bedroom, helps me to stay motivated.

Today - have planned to go for a long dog walk with a friend this afternoon. Will take my own lunch to work with me so I know what my calorie intake is - wholemeal pitta with houmous and rocket salad filling. Have a great day!
    Kate
  • haasgirl
    haasgirl Posts: 55
    Options
    Good Morning,

It's sunny here in Nova Scotia this morning although they are calling for rain later in the day. Yesterday went pretty well did not get my run in but did get a 30 min brisk walk at lunch.

My plan for today is pretty similar to yesterday. Eat within my calories and get in some excercise.

I'm looking forward to freshly picked blueberries tonight. My husband and two girls have gone to pick some today. Yummy!

Natasha
  • dwyadygwyad
    dwyadygwyad Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    HI everyone,

Went for a run/walk this morning in the air that felt like soup. I feel so warm, sweaty, great right now.

Have decided to make planks part of my every day. Today, I mustered 2 sets of 30 seconds. Will work my way up to a minute.

I did end up weighing myself this morning, and while I'm glad I did (went down a lb). I haven't decided whether it would be better to weigh every day or once a week. I tend to be all or nothing and if I have a bad day and then a consequent bad morning, it might be better if I just don't know how much of my work has been undone. At that point I give myself license to start again another day, binging or at least uncensored ensues. On the other hand, I just really enjoy weighing myself every day to get feedback from day before., it does motivate.

In any case, the important thing is the food I *don't* eat, right!?

Have a great day everyone.

Alice
  • Changemyfate
    Changemyfate Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all my "Around the World Friends!" Started my day on my Air Climber (Stepper) and hubby came home from work & wanted to make breakfast....so, I've had a little heavier meal than normal, but I'm off to my new job (at a grocery store) & I'll be working through my normal lunch time today. It's a job...not my career choice...but, it's income in my little rural town and it keeps me from substitute teaching (very stressful to me). So - I will take a Southbeach Bar and an apple with me & my water & I'll probably be on my feet today at the checkout....I think I'll put on my pedometer just to see how many steps I'm getting in. Hope everyone has a great day - oh, and I too got on my scale today...down a pound & I drank all my water yesterday. That must be the key for me!
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - I am a daily scale stepper today it says I am up two pounds from yesterday. I don't let the scale and its numbers play games with me. Yesterday I did Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred and this morning I got up and did Day 2. Yesterday I came in under my calories and I plan to do that again today. So that scale can spit that number out to me and I don't care. I know that if I consistently exercie and watch what I eat then I will get the results that I am looking for.

Time to enjoy Sunny Florida before the storms come rolling in a little later.
  • AmyJKSaunders
    AmyJKSaunders Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - Hello to all my 4 Week Focus friends! It is Sunny and 66 degrees in Illinois USA. I have a 50-minute walk planned during my lunch break with a co-worker and am off to a great start today. Good luck to everyone!
  • Balance79
    Balance79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started my day at the gym with a weight class - 45 minutes & then a walk/run on the treadmill! I will eat clean today concentrating on cutting out sugar and minimizing the carbs.

weigh today: 129.8

...4.8 left!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! It's so cool that everyone is from all over the world!

Kate, that show sounds really interesting and I like your wall chart idea!

It's suppose to be 95 degrees and partly cloudy today in Utah. I worked until 1130 last night so I got to bed LATE and my alarm went off at 445 am!! ugh!!! But I forced myself to get up and do day 3 of Insanity!!! It was a great workout but not as hard as yesterday thank goodness!! I actually would LOVE to go for a run tonight as well if I get a chance. So for my weight... On Friday I weighed 168.8. Then on Sunday I ate horrible!!! I weighed 172.0 Monday morning! haha!! I'm back to 168.2 this morning. So hopefully by Sunday I will have a loss from last week. Hopefully there will be no need for a crazy cheat day. Just a cheat meal like drinks, pizza or ice cream over the weekend. :)

Mandy
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Woke up early and did week 7 day 1 of c25k. I am sooooo sluggish in the morning. I jogged for the first 19 minutes - had to stop for about a minute and then finished. After cool down I jogged about 5 more minutes. Why did i stop???? I have no idea. I just wanted a quick break. So will be repeating w7d1 -- but hey - three months ago 90 seconds straight was a challenge. Come a long way baby..........Did 30 squats, 40 calf raises, 25 pushups too. Although I'm not a morning person I feel huge sense of accomplishment for completing my work out this morning and have my whole day in front of me.

Plan on Yoga for about 30 minutes tonight.

C
  • cmecme
    Options
    Morning all.

Its cloudy here on the south coast of Britain. Secret Eaters was interesting last night. Did any other Brits see it? They suggested that if you binge eat that you weigh yourself every day so you can see how it effects your weight gain. Friday nights are often my cheat days that can escalate to a binge if I am not careful.

I now weigh myself every day and keep a line graph for that month on my bedroom wall that I add to every morning. The vertical axis measures weight in pounds (one little square for each 0.1 of a pound with an overall range of 3 pounds above and 4 pounds below my starting weight) and the horizontal axis are the days on the week in that month i.e. 1-31. Every day I add another line so I cansee how it fluctuates over the month. It's interesting to see how my period effects my weight. I have found this visual reminder that I can't help but look at every time I go in my bedroom, helps me to stay motivated.

Today - have planned to go for a long dog walk with a friend this afternoon. Will take my own lunch to work with me so I know what my calorie intake is - wholemeal pitta with houmous and rocket salad filling. Have a great day!
    Kate

There is a great site that trends this info for you:
    https://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/HackDiet?s=28Q354FJ73W28G83JQJQ5FF2K273KG22GJJ97331&q=logout&HDiet_tzoffset=300
    You can read the book, but its not necessary. Just start entering your weight. After about 10 days the trend analysis starts to develop. Amazing how i can tell now that some gain is a trend or just a blip due to overindulgence or other issues.
    There are several tabs with different graphs.
    I really like it - been about 4 months i've entered and it really helps me to determine if im really going in right direction
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Woke up early and did week 7 day 1 of c25k. I am sooooo sluggish in the morning. I jogged for the first 19 minutes - had to stop for about a minute and then finished. After cool down I jogged about 5 more minutes. Why did i stop???? I have no idea. I just wanted a quick break. So will be repeating w7d1 -- but hey - three months ago 90 seconds straight was a challenge. Come a long way baby..........Did 30 squats, 40 calf raises, 25 pushups too. Although I'm not a morning person I feel huge sense of accomplishment for completing my work out this morning and have my whole day in front of me.

C

90 seconds is a struggle to me now - its nice to hear about your progress.
  • nikihampton
    nikihampton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Mid-Morning here on the west coast U.S.! Suppose to be mid-90's today and my run/workout is post-poned because of morning appointments. Good thing it's only 3 miles! Lots of personal stress going on, but going to stay in my positive groove. I have been making my calorie target this week and am really proud of that. Though I want to run more, I am sticking with my training plan because I'm in the taper period.

I need to go grocery shopping, which no food in the house is actually a good thing for me. While it's great to have all my clean/whole foods in the house, then it's a house full of my favorite foods. We all know where that can lead. Not sure how you all feel about fat burners and whatnot, but I'm taking one by Bob Harper and I think it's really helping me control my appetite. I did his cleanse last week and am going to start probiotics tomorrow. My digestive system is constantly a wreck and I'm wondering if getting it under control will help with my weight loss.

I wanted to weigh in this morning so bad! But, I'm trying to stick with the plan and see a big number on Monday.

Well, have a good day everyone!
  • sexy_RN88
    sexy_RN88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Aloha all! It's just before 9AM out here in sunny Honolulu. Got up at 630 to go for a swim at the beach again--was such a lovely way to start the day! Have had a shower and am now enjoying breakfast! Swimming really works up an appetite!

Yesterday I worked on my chest, back, shoulder and arms so today will be focused on the abs, bum and thighs :) Had a chance to speak with my mom on the phone yesterday afternoon, which was so nice. She is my go-to support person for this right now, and she is so positive and encouraging :) No big plans for today, other than studying for an exam I have on Friday.

Stepped on the scale this morning to find I've lost 2 pounds since last Wednesday--hooray! I figured I'd see a small drop since my TOM ended, but I wasn't expecting a full 2 pounds, especially since I was a bit slack with the workouts this past week! Good motivation to keep it up :)

Hope everyone has a lovely day!
  • cmecme
    Options

C

90 seconds is a struggle to me now - its nice to hear about your progress.

Keep at it - dont give up - dont push yourself - you will get there!!! Good luck - you can do it!!
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    really warm today so did my bike ride and run early to get them over with before i melt .

glad everyone seems to be doing well