Switching Schedules

Options
So, I am now in my first recovery week with p90x after doing lean, but I'm thinking of switching to classic for the 2nd cycle since the lean doesnt have much strength training in it and I feel at times its a bit too easy.

Anyone else do this?

Replies

• alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I did.... but then I switched over to insanity after 3 weeks because the plyo, kenpo, and yoga were too easy and I needed a good cardio workout that actually pushed me. If you aren't progressing don't keep doing the same things change them! After Insanity becomes easy I plan on doing a p90x and insanity hybrid. So then I can do cardio from insanity 3x a week and weights from p90x 3x a week. Good mix in my opinion for me!
  • dsuppa1997
    Options
    I'm thinking after Classic for cycle 2 I may do Doubles for cycle 3. I'm definitely seeing results still though.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking after Classic for cycle 2 I may do Doubles for cycle 3. I'm definitely seeing results still though.

If your seeing results then good! I like your plan! Change it when it becomes too easy. Maybe after 1 round of p90x (full 90 days) you can do a round of insanity (60 days) and then a round of a hybrid of both. You can always substitute the yoga for a run or something else cardio wise?? Or you can do the plyo on Tuesday and Cardio x on Thursday. Just a thought! The cardio x was too easy for me tho.
  • dsuppa1997
    Options
    Yeah I plan on actually doing P90X2 after this then maybe insanity. My only problem is with insanity from what I read its 100% cardio based no strength training(not really my thing). As far as switching out things I'm already doing that, I cannot stand the Kenpo workout so I've swapped it for Plyo in the Lean schedule since that wasnt included. As far as Cardio X goes it's def "easy" for p90x, I see it more as a relaxed "off day" or for those days when you just simply cant handle Plyo. For the classic I'm going to be removing the Kenpo day and replacing it with Core Synergistics(love this workout). Suprisingly as much as it hurts I really enjoy the Yoga video even if I cant physically do all of the balance moves in the second half.