Last concert/festival you went to

Options
13»

Replies

• meowstrom
    meowstrom Posts: 37
    Options
    Amon Amarth last month and I was supposed to see Inquisition last night but I'm too sick ): so going through their discography now instead, wah.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Van Halen last night at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Before that....The Big 4 (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax) last year in Indio, CA
  • Mazza4011
    Mazza4011 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Saw Judas Priest a few week ago with Saxon supporting. Two weeks before that it was Michael Schenker, and a couple of months ago Rammstein. Seen close on 150 gigs, and before this year their were five or six I couldn't pick from as the best one ever. But the Rammstein gig I saw in Birmingham recently easily stands out as the best I've seen. Awsome from beginning to end.

Give me live music over a disco any day :bigsmile:
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Saw Judas Priest a few week ago with Saxon supporting. Two weeks before that it was Michael Schenker, and a couple of months ago Rammstein. Seen close on 150 gigs, and before this year their were five or six I couldn't pick from as the best one ever. But the Rammstein gig I saw in Birmingham recently easily stands out as the best I've seen. Awsome from beginning to end.

Love your ticker picture :) I have the same picture of the guys playing Engel, but from the London gig instead! It's on my phone, but I've been lazy putting the picture up XD
  • Madmoosebaits
    Options
    Couple months back I saw Warbringer, Iced Earth and Symphony X.

Warbringer was great with some heavy thrash.
    Iced Earth were incredible. They won over a new fan in myself that night.
    Symphony X.... well the sound was bad and I actually left early. I wasn't impressed.

My son's band, The Beast and His Image were signed this spring and are getting their tour together for late summer. Check 'em out! They have played with Plea for Purging, Mushroomhead, Counterparts and a bunch of other metal and hardcore bands.
  • Madmoosebaits
    Options

Amazing how Saxon is still going! They were my first metal concert back in the early 80s.
  • Mazza4011
    Mazza4011 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Amazing how Saxon is still going! They were my first metal concert back in the early 80s.

Strangely enough Saxon were my third gig. priest were my second and Slade my first. Never for a second thought I'd still be seeing two of them live over thirty years later.
  • abbyaxiom
    abbyaxiom Posts: 33
    Options
    I lived down the street from a hole in the wall called Jaxx (recently renamed Empire). I saw all my fav shows there from As I Lay Dying, to Stratovarius to Killswitch Engage..i think the last one i saw there was Dark Tranquility though
  • Madmoosebaits
    Options
    I lived down the street from a hole in the wall called Jaxx (recently renamed Empire). I saw all my fav shows there from As I Lay Dying, to Stratovarius to Killswitch Engage..i think the last one i saw there was Dark Tranquility though
    Thumbs up for As I Lay Dying! Saw them with Lamb of God.
  • abbyaxiom
    Options
    Egh still new and working on this "quoting" thing on here ack
  • abbyaxiom
    Options
    Thumbs up for As I Lay Dying! Saw them with Lamb of God.

Nice i love Lamb of God too. Good shows!
  • juliemarie911
    Options
    Glassjaw and Thursday @ Starland Ballroom, NJ
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    sadly since my wife and i started having kids it's been a while since we went to a concert. last one was in 2007 i believe. Was Son's of Poseidon opening for DeadStar Assembly.
  • metalchickita
    Options
    Nickelback, Seether, Bush, and My Darkest Days in Vegas last month!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Well... Right now the Joan Jett show is ending... And doing loadout. Nice red leather tonight. : ) Show at Ventura County Fair. She still kicks *kitten* soo bad. She could kick my *kitten*... Thats for sure. This is not a picture of tonight. I may have one later. Last night it was Bret Michaels... Problem is, its kinda hard to see from the office, so good thing the hubby fills me in with video and tidbits from backstage.
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I saw The Ocean a few months ago here in Perth, Western Australia. It was very intense, very powerful and I got headbangers neck - and I don't normally do that sorta thing. Loved it.
  • blossomboom_
    Options
    Death to All -- basically all surviving members of Death paying tribute to Chuck Schuldiner. Before that was a show in Tampa where Jon Oliva's Pain played Savatage's Hall of the Mountain King from start to finish.

I think the next shows for me are Morbid Angel/Grave and Katatonia/Paradise Lost. Excited. :)
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Trivium, Killswitch Engage, and Five Finger Death Punch in Cleveland a few weeks ago. And then we saw some of the guys from Killswitch Engage at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum the next day, so we asked if we could have a picture with them. They said yes \m/
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Its not goth, or metal...... But today is Joan Jett and Eddie Money Night at the Antelope Valley Fair in Lancaster CA... Soundcheck has commenced. Show in 5 hours.... Too bad Im at home, and not at the venue.... Hopefully I will get some more videos from my husband.... There will probably be videos on youtube in a few days. We are helping with this show tonight. My husbands the backline tech and our company supplies the sound sound systems, audio techs, and audio services. Rock on...
  • leftoverbun
    leftoverbun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Saw Redd Kross play a free secret show a few weeks ago. They have a new CD out and it's awesome rock/pop.

6 weeks ago I saw Tenacious D at the HoB and the show was stopped after an hour because someone in the packed crowd got stabbed. I was so pissed at HoB staff that night. Never going there again.