Options
olivia_june
olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
Introduce yourself :)

Replies

• MimiOfTheFraserValley
    Options
    Hi!

My name's Michelle, & I'm from the gorgeous Fraser Valley in southwestern BC. I just joined MFP about half an hour ago, & so far it looks pretty good.

For the past year or so, I've not been all that active, due in large part to working straight nights. However, I'm done making excuses, & I want to get fit & back into being active. I love cycling & hiking & generally being outside. I also like reading & writing & music & yarn crafts, & photograhpy's a love of mine as well.

I'm glad to be here, & I'm glad that there're others from Western Canada here. Hi! :flowerforyou:
  • olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle!

My name is Olivia and I'm from Grande Prairie, Alberta. I am 21 and have a 19 month old son named Noah. At the moment I am concentrating on walking every day (I walk 3.5 miles) since I dropped off the wagon yet again in May up until about a week ago!
  • aftonslater
    aftonslater Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi!! my name is Afton. I'm 24 and I currently live in Bonnyville AB but I'm originally from Brooks AB. I have a husband, Kalib, and we have 2 boys Kaden and Jackson. I look forward to getting to know you :) your boy is totally adorable btw :)
  • maryeglspkr
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I'm Mary from Calgary, AB. I joined MFP a few days ago and am loving it soo far. I am stuck in a rutt and have 25-35 pounds to go before I am comfortable with myself again. Hoping to make some connections on here to share motivations with. Would especially like to find some local Calgarians to walk/exercise outside with. However, I love making new friends and welcome all to my world!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Deborah from Prince George, BC.

I joined MFP on Friday, and I too am excited by all the activity on this site.

I started my Lifestyle Overhaul in February of this year at 262lbs and am now down to 216 as of Friday.
  • spunky_monkey
    Options
    Hey Group! I just got on the MFP bandwagon and can't wait to lose weight! I attempted a lot of different diets without a lot of progress. I usually bail out after a couple weeks but I feel I am in a good place now to create some good habits. I started by working out 30 minutes a day. My husband works out with me and we're seeing results!

I can't wait to hear about your stories and successes. I hope we can be a good encouragement to each other!
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hello! Amanda from Regina SK. I am doing a lifestyle overhaul as well! Working at getting down to a size 10 from a 16-18 currently ( was a 20) I am finding I need alot of support and people to support and in my personal life.. dont have people in that area to do that. No one is that active or cares to be. So I get the " jus skip the gym today" Or " why arent you having a burger at lunch with us" so its a challenge!
  • travellinggal
    travellinggal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Wishing everyone the a healthy and spectacular 2013 (and beyond!!). I'm Lisa from Calgary, AB and have just restarted my fitness program so I'm hoping this one sticks.
  • mdrickards
    mdrickards Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Vancouver here! :)
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Christine from Edmonton!
    Been on MFP for a while now, but trying to become more interactive on the site.
    I just purchased New Rules of Lifting for Women, so that is my new goal for 2013. I want to be fit and lean and strong :)
  • redewme
    Options
    Hello Westerners!

I am living in the beautiful tri-cities in British Columbia and I am looking for walking or hiking buddies. I am particularly interested in walking at Rocky Point Park on the Burrard Inlet.

If you live near and you want to get your rear in gear I'd like to be your walking buddy!
  • Cucumberburps
    Cucumberburps Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Anna from Calgary! 28 years old. I'm an avid runner and currently training for a 10K. Joined a few months ago, looking for people to motivate and motivate me on those days when you'd rather just stay on the couch and eat Doritos!
  • luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hiya everyone!

I'm from Calgary, 32 years old. I've been on MFP now for a month, loving it, and so addicted!

Most of my fitness routine is from home - ChaLEAN extreme videos, dailyhiit.com videos, pinterest workouts, and just finishing up the 30 day squat challenge. Next i'm going to do a 25 day dailyhiit challenge. Outside of the home, it's hot yoga (love the Bodhi tree) and my newest interest which is barre workouts at Barre Body (ballet inspired pilates-type workouts.)

Sure i'll see you all out there!
  • bihun2125
    bihun2125 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Heya, I'm Steph. I just recently moved to the Nelson, BC area from Grande Prairie Alberta.

I just recently joined MFP as an additional tool to keep me on the wagon to reach my goal.
  • Char6332
    Char6332 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Char here from East Kootenays BC I have thyroid issues. Trying to work through it and get the scale moving. Love the site and the App with the scanner.
  • HealthyNanc
    HealthyNanc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! Nancy from near Regina, Sk. I turned 40 this year and I want to get back to feeling fab!
  • dodiem29
    dodiem29 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm from the West Kootenays BC. Finally starting to get involved on the message boards
  • gregorysylver
    gregorysylver Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Greg from Central Alberta

I finally feel up to joining groups, I started at 435 lbs in 2014 on fitnesspal and now at 249 lbs hoping to be 200 lbs by next year.
  • SashEdwards
    SashEdwards Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still out there?!
  • redjohn316
    redjohn316 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from Central Alberta. I was just reading about everyone here. Greg, you are doing amazing with your weight loss, keep up the good work. I joined MFP about a year ago and lost interest. Now I am trying again, I weigh 272lbs and want to get to 220lbs.