confession!

Options
stylistchik
stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
Last night was bad. I haven't been eating perfectly in general but it hasn't been terrible and no real binges. Last night I was hungry after dance so I stopped and got fries from burger king (around 10 pm) after I had the apple I brought for my after practice snack. I ate them even though they weren't even good. It's a long drive home and after being stuck in traffic I was still hungry so I pulled off, out of my way, and went to taco bell (now after 11 pm)! I got one bean burrito and I'm glad it was delicious or I would have been mad. LOL I couldn't tell you the last time I had taco bell - it's been YEARS. So anyway now I have TWO fast food bags in my car hiding from hubby and my goal is to make it through the weekend with no binges. Small goal, but once you pop the fun don't stop you know? If I can get back on track I'll be happy.

Replies

• HealthyNFit4Life
    HealthyNFit4Life Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You can get write back on!!!! You look great btw!!!!

Confession: I had the mother of all binges last night.
  • stylistchik
    Options
    Thank you! I've been good all week. Last night after dance I seriously thought about a burrito - it was good. I ate an apple and a banana on the way home instead. Feeling good!
  • smh19692000
    smh19692000 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi the nearest taco bell drive through is about 200 miles away from my house. thank goodness.! The temptation must be huge when you feel it. if imaging you live 200miles from a taco bell and the associated cost of getting to one, and the alternative you could spend that money on avoids the desire for a taco bell fix, it would be worth writing this for you. be kind to yourself, and good luck. Xx
  • stylistchik
    Options
    Haha yeah unfortunately I pass about 6 of them on that drive home from dance. And I spend at least a half hour stuck in traffic due to night time construction and I get frustrated and I just want to eat. Bringing healthy snacks seems to work.
  • johannahdesplas
    Options
    I had a binge that consisted of me driving to 4 different fast food places and ordering about $20 worth for
    Each. I was to embarrassed to go Into taco bell and just order 40$ worth of food and just eat it, so I literally drove around binging in my car. I felt famished and out of control, wtf is wrong with me!?
  • GeorgiaElliot
    Options
    I had a binge that consisted of me driving to 4 different fast food places and ordering about $20 worth for
    Each. I was to embarrassed to go Into taco bell and just order 40$ worth of food and just eat it, so I literally drove around binging in my car. I felt famished and out of control, wtf is wrong with me!?

I have done this before too. It sucks. The whole time you know its wrong but just don't care. What started it? A lot of mine come from stress and feeling out of control in other areas of my life. Feel free to add me is you want. We can encourage each other!

I'm trying to take things slow, I am trying to control my binging by allowing myself to eat whatever I want at meal times but only having water between. This keeps me from mindlessly eating (especially before a meal when I'm about to eat anyway) and I dont try and control myself during the meal. Once it is over that's it. With me the spell breaks when I am full. It's easier to eat enough to fill myself up if I eat it all at once instead of spacing it out (for example, gong through a drive thru on the way home to have dinner) . If you start binging, make it a meal. This is my supper. I can have what I want but then it is over. Good luck! I know what a demon it is.