What is your favourite kind of exercise?

Options
I find this an interesting topic because I personally am someone who gets bored with things fairly easily. Right now I would say my main form of exercise is bicycling, it is also my favourite kind. I ride to and from work...no more riding the bus for me! :p

I'm now also in the routine of doing 20 lunges, 50 jumping jacks, 30 second plank and reverse plank (i don't know the actual name tbh), leg and arm lifts, 20 sit ups and 1 min of jogging on the spot - I do this as soon as I wake up. I find it more enjoyable when I can go at my own pace instead of watching an exercise dvd which can be really hard to follow.

Replies

• losalv
    losalv Posts: 1
    Options
    Lately my favorite is biking. I have become really into mountain biking the last few months. I go up to the woods and ride on the logging roads and other trails. Its tough and a great workout. But since I have a 9 month old its hard to get time to get out there. I just bought a bike trailer for him and hope to start taking him on bike rides on the bike path near my house. He's a little young though still and actually hates his helmet right now, but hopefully soon.

I also just recently finished the couch to 5k program on my iphone. After my pregnancy I couldn't run for longer than a minute or two, now I can run for up to an hour. I'm still slow and it would take me 45 min to finish a 5k right now but I am working on getting that time down. I just need to get start getting my calories under control. I haven't been watching what I eat at all, just exercising as much as possible. I have plateaued and now I'm am turning my attention back to MFP for help.
  • SlimReggieBack
    SlimReggieBack Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My favorite exercise would be the stuff off of TurboFire I have a video of what it consist of. It burns more than a 6 mile run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRGTuvoEgdA
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've enjoy doing the group classes at the gym like Zumba and Turbo Kick. But I think my favorite thing is just simply walking.
  • tracyshing13
    Options
    My favorite by far is lifting weights but a close second is riding my bike. My problem is that I'm really lazy and would prefer long lazy walks on the beach with my dogs or reading in bed (hence my need to join this group :tongue: ).

I do however like Starla_86's morning routine (listed above). Might have to give that one a shot tomorrow morning.

See! This is motivating already!
  • ksb0602
    ksb0602 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I haven't quite figured out my favorite yet.Although I make sure to get in at least 30 minutes of walking a day. I am currently switching out from Leslie Sansones 4 Really Big Miles Walk at Home DVD, Tiffany Rothe10 min Booty Shaking Waist Workout. Zumba(PS3) & My Wii Fit plus. Just to keep everything fresh.
  • Aniseedvan
    Aniseedvan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My rower!

Having two small children means going out for "proper" exercise on a bike out is difficult. I only really get chance to exercise when they are asleep and I've got the chores done, or I'll do a 3.5mile walk in my lunch hour when at work. I do have a recumbent bike at home too so I alternate that and the odd wii fit/zumba to mix things up.

My weight is coming down slowly, but it seems to be in fits and starts so this will be a good motivator!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Precor elliptical machine. LOVE IT!
  • newcl360
    newcl360 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Road cycling!
    The thing i love the most about cycling is the amazing views you get to see, the sunrises...sunsets and going super super fast downhill after climbing a huge hill!
    A friend and I go biking about twice a week and on the days we don't we go to "pump" and other classes at our uni gym!
    I find it's much more fun when you're sweating it out with someone!
    I also love walking/running my dog.

:)
  • lmir9671
    lmir9671 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Soul cycle classes in NYC!
  • chiedo_le_donne212
    chiedo_le_donne212 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    right know i ride my bike then do the 30ds all week then on the weekends i go to the gym and walk on the treadmill for about 1 hr, this way i get alone time. since im a SAHM. but when the kids go to school i will to to the gym alot more.
  • LisaLubin
    Options
    Zumba!!
  • Laurie5896
    Laurie5896 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do the Leslie Sansone walk DVD's, but I so want to get that Zumba dance for the Wii I hear it really works
  • Ariana120689
    Ariana120689 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love love LOVEEEE doing Zumba. At the gym my favorites are the arc trainer and elliptical.
  • fayfdawbz
    Options
    The elliptical is definitely my favorite, although I really enjoy(ed) riding my bike around the neighborhood (before it was stolen).
  • fine88
    fine88 Posts: 1
    Options
    My favorite exercise at the moment would have to be the Precor Elliptical!Talk about an awesome sweat! 2nd would have to be walking mod pace/running!
  • sassieatl
    sassieatl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Zumba. I also love step areobics. But I love to dance my butt off..lol
  • hgmama25
    Options
    love love ZUMBA could do it everyday if possible, I do have the WII Zumba game so it's possible just need to make the time. I go to a class 2xs a week tho, plus walking and biking during my lunch.
  • cyn94601
    cyn94601 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too! Zumba is very new to me - I've been to less than 10 classes, but I really enjoy it! I love the fact that I often forget about the time and that I'm drenched with sweat when its over!
  • ceefin
    ceefin Posts: 16
    Options
    Long distance power walking - I'm sub 13min miles pace once I get going and will now try to do at least one 10 mile walk a week.
    I love tracking the slow joggers and making them go faster to get away from me lol (although I don't do that as much now because I have taken up running too)
    Easy on the old joints and burns millions of calories!
  • mmj5023
    mmj5023 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My favorite exercise is the elliptical, but I always burn more when I'm running outside. Also, I recently started doing some of the p90x workouts (3X week) and I love em. I even got my boyfriend into them.

For this challenge, I'm going to focus on running outdoors and doing the p90x workouts for weight lifting.