It just Hit me in the sotmach! 8/16/12

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
Hey! Today let's work our abdominals! Let's try leg lifts...I like these because you can use some equipment or just YOU!!!!!!!

If beginner make sure get the form down first and do 1-2 sets of 8.

If you are experienced with excercise then I say do 3 sets of 12-15 and if advanced use the ball any ball even if your kids soccer ball! Try and report later.

http://www.wikihow.com/Do-Leg-Lifts

PS-I am still doing those lateral jumps over the board! I am still winded! I will keep it up this week! They will not beat me! RAH!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yes! I will try to do this before bed. We are suppose to have company tonight so I was going to take the night off but I didn't get a chance to do these the other day, due to that dang rattler! lol

Hope y'all have a good day!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am done! I am glad because when you have a sinus headache any motion makes it worse.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I did it, 3 sets of 15.

It's my first day in that group and my first challenge. I'm looking forward to many more
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I also like reverse crunches. Really works the abs and takes all I have to get through 3 sets of 15 reps, but it feels great. And no equipment needed!
  • cahice518
    Options
    just did 4 sets of 10 - laying down & lifting legs - is that what you meant? it gave me a headache and hurt my back. Did you mean stand up and lift legs? anyway, done - and glad of it!
  • jessreedpr
    Options
    This is my first day in this group - going to rock some leg lifts at the gym tonight!
  • nightfire389
    nightfire389 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group and look forward to the daily challenges. This was a good first challenge as I dread leg lifts, haha.

I successfully completed 3sets of 15reps with a hip pop in every rep!

Ready for tomorrow!
  • nbates9254
    nbates9254 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I hate these! but love the results! If they hurt your lower back, put your hands flat under your butt or use little blanket - it relieves the strain!
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Just about to get them done. I've never liked them cuz they hurt my back (bones not muscles). I'll try a small towel under my lower back tonight.
  • michelleraber
    Options
    I would love to have done this challenge but unfortunately I am limited to what and how long I can exercise a day due to my heart. I will definatly add these to my exercise tomorrow! I love being a part of this justice league but the hinderance because of my bad choice earlier on life suck!
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    i missed this challenge yesterday so i'll add it to today....

for those of you with lower back pain (i used to get it too!!!) lift your head, and focus on rolling your hips back to the floor as your're doing them... this helps the back pain, and engages a whole different set of muscles as well! (hands and towels perfectly acceptable alternates tho!)