People in Denial...

Options
I've just got back from the gym and sometimes I really wonder how people justify going! I saw several people come in after me and leave way before me and i was only in for an hour! not only that, but a lot of them were stood around talking, or worse, hogging a machine but messing with their iPod! some got a wee bit red and puffy and called it a day. to me, if your paying a gym fee, and your just going for a chat, or its clear the settings you are using aren't even breaking a sweat, then you may as well save your money!

The same women will now go home, complain wildly to their friends over tea and cakes that they go to they gym several times a week, but its useless! the weight just wont come off and they are in fact a medical miracle! which, i bet a lot of us have done at some point! :laugh:

Im so peevish though i wont pay for a gym membership if i ain't going to use the heck out of it though! :devil:

Replies

• vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I see these at my gym all the time. The one's that bother me the most is that they let children in to use the equipment about the same time eveyone comes in after work.
    Usually between the ages of 14-16, they laugh,giggle and mess around on and off machines while some people have to wait or even use machines they wernt planning on because they cannot get near them.

I understand keeping children fit is good and im not saying they should not be allowed but they should set a time they can come in but not around peak times for other users
  • MrsAchu76
    Options
    Hmmm, I am just starting out again at the gym and currently I am one of the most unfit persons I know lol.

My gym session alone lasts an hour plus minus at the moment...I am too scared to overdo it and then I will be out for some time to recover, slow and steady wins the race isn't it?

Maybe they just get into it? I haven't seen such people in my gym, but then I just went a couple of times....

Under 16's are allowed in the gym? Wanted to take my son along just to show him what am doing, he is 15 and they said under 16's not allowed - same for the classes...
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My workout at the gym never lasts longer than 20 minutes. I have specific weight exercises that I do, and they are making a difference to my strength. I don't do the cardio machines becuase I walk to the gym (it's an uphill 20-minute fast walk). After working out, I often go for a swim, and use the sauna and steam room. I feel like I'm getting my money's worth. But then I don't stand around talking and messing with my iPod - if I want to do that, I go to the cafe area. :-)
  • sarahlou1045
    Options
    TBH that's what i'm like in the gym, I hate it and get so bored. 5 mins change over, 5 mins change over... yawn go home.

Chuck me out in the fresh air and i'll walk for miles, and run as far as I can until I collapse (well not quite but)
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    its paying all that money that does my head in though, I just couldn't do it, im bad for walking outside, I've always been one for having a purpose for it, such as needing to walk into town to buy something, or visit someone, i cant just walk for walkings sake, its boring to me :( but I loved the gym before, and I've just started going again, and im loving it again!