Buffalo Hump

The other day, I discovered my buffalo hump was gone. If you are or have been morbidly obese, you know what I mean. For those who don't, it's the firm fatty lump between your sholders right below your neck. I am so thrilled!!!!!!!!!! I hated that thing!!

Anyone els have an OMG weight loss discovery?

Replies

• Obreezes
    Obreezes Posts: 35
    My first OMG was when I realized I could cross my legs again! That was a wonderful moment for me. Yeah, my hump is gone too....woohoo!!
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    I think my first OMG moment was crossing my legs too. I was sitting on my bed and was thinking about trying it and I did it, without leaning over to one side to do it. it was the weirdest thing! Congrats of your weight loss, and getting rid of that buffalo hump too!
  • " without leaning over to one side to do it."
    I laughed so hard when I read this because I relate!
  • JillyInAZ
    JillyInAZ Posts: 44 Member
    Buffalo Hump. So funny!! And I was just saying to myself in the mirror this mornig, "Hey Self, it looks like you have a back of the neck again! So yeah, I'm starting to notice the demise of the buffalo hump!! I no longer have to sit on the bed, stretch sideways to tie a pair of shoes. Yippie! AND I also took the extender off of one of my bras yesterday. These are the things that get me through the times when the scale isn't showing a number change!
  • LOL I had to actually run and look at my upper shoulders/neck when I read this! Doesn't take much to entertain me. I am forever laying in bed and telling my husband, "Give me your hand." and placing it on my random body parts that I have recently discovered actually had a BONE underneath the "fluff"! It's ok lol he seems to like this game too! :wink:
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Mine recently was fitting into size 16 jeans! Yahoo! I am out of the plus size section of stores and now into the Misses section but lost when I shop since I haven't shopped in any misses clothing section ever! I have been obese all my life, wore "chubbies" as a kid! I've been hitting up the local Salvation Army for smaller clothes since all mine in my closet are too big for jeans, pants, shorts, skirts....the tops I can still get away wearing that are the 2x or 1x. I just can't see spending alot of $$ on clothes I will be too small for in a month or so since I am loosing about 6 pounds a week now or 24 pounds a month! YAHOO!
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    I think these are all great! I keep discovering bones too!! lol And I just tried; I can cross my legs!!!
  • dznygrl70
    dznygrl70 Posts: 9 Member
    I found my collarbone!!! That and being back in "regular" sizes make me very happy.
  • JillyInAZ
    JillyInAZ Posts: 44 Member
    *Sigh* Regular sizes... congrats on that one! I can't wait for that. I haven't been in a "regular" (below 14) size since 1988. Jeeesh! I'm going to be completely overloaded when I get back to shopping those departments!

Good for you!
  • clblew
    clblew Posts: 30
    I am looking forward to buying pants at a store other than the local farm store. In 2010, I was buying size 56 men's because I couldn't find larger plus sizes locally or couldn't afford going to a specialty store. Stayed around a 52 for about a year, but just bought a pair of 46!
    I understand on that "buffalo hump". I call it my built in travel pillow. Will have to go peek in mirror to see how mine is looking! :bigsmile: