Anybody else????

Options
So I have lost 77 lbs in a year and all of a sudden my husband is now saying that I am cheating on him. I have told him time and time again that I am losing weight for myself #1 and my son and husband second. Now he says I'm not losing it for him or our son, it must be for someone else. I am so upset. I can't believe he would act like that. I am the smallest I have ever been since we have been together. I am able to wear a size 8 which I don't think I was able to wear in junior high. I thought maybe he would say, "Yep, this is my hot wife."

Also, my mother-in-law is now saying my sis-in-laws don't want her watching my child anymore so I can go to the gym to work out because they think I am addicted with working out. I am in such shock. I do not have an addiction. I'm sorry that I don't want to go back to being fat and unhappy again.
Do any of you think they are jealous? I don't want to think that way but really. I have always been bigger than them. And now I am smaller than my oldest sis-in-law and she is the one causing the most problems.

I just feel like I have no support from anyone in my family. I thought I was doing something good for myself by losing weight and getting healthy.

WHAT IS THE DEAL??????

Replies

• Sexyvampirebill
    Options
    Do not let them bring you down! Congratulations and keep up the good work! Not only is it liberating to downsize but it is healthy! How they can not say that you are doing it for your family is just mean , spiteful and they sound a bit bitter. I'd definately say that some jealousy is a factor here and your husband sounds a bit insecure. Maybe he is more concerned with men noticing you and your new found downsized body. This is what is upsetting him I think. Keep it going despite all the negativity!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    A lot of that behavior probably stems from insecurity and jealousy. It's sad, but sometimes people have a hard time being happy for others and accepting a new life style because it affects theirs also.

Maybe you need to spend some time finding ways to show hubby that you are wanting to be with him. Doting all your attention on him.

As for your sisters-in-law, maybe you need to have a heart-to-hear with them and explain to them where you are coming from and why you are spending that time in the gym.

Sounds like you really just need to have some good sit down talks with everyone and bring it all out into the open.
  • brittneyhurst
    Options
    It sounds like you have done an amazing job at creating a new lifestyle for yourself and ultimately your family. Your husband should really take a look at what he is missing with your new self. I think it's fantastic.