a question about exercises

Options
Hi! :) I do pilates three days a week changing the moves every 3-4 weeks but the latest moves I do for my legs aren't making me feel sore the next day. Is it because they are easier? Does it mean they don't work? I don't have much information on this can anyone help me?

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Hi! :) I do pilates three days a week changing the moves every 3-4 weeks but the latest moves I do for my legs aren't making me feel sore the next day. Is it because they are easier? Does it mean they don't work? I don't have much information on this can anyone help me?

Hi

That's right. You're finding them easier (well done!). They are working still but will maintain whatever level of fitness you've got to. You need to push them harder somehow. I'm no expert but it may mean holding positions longer or doing more reps or trying more advanced techniques.
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with this! Your body tries to adapt to everything, including your diet, and the kinds/intensity of exercise you engage in. Sounds like it is time to switch it up!

Hi

That's right. You're finding them easier (well done!). They are working still but will maintain whatever level of fitness you've got to. You need to push them harder somehow. I'm no expert but it may mean holding positions longer or doing more reps or trying more advanced techniques.
  • likespinningplates
    Options
    Thank you both :) I`m doing more difficult things and it`s working.