Antidepressants and Weight Gain

Options
KarenK37
KarenK37 Posts: 125 Member
Okay any of my fellow RA ninjas taking antidepressants I have a question for you. I have recently stopped taking Paxil for panic attacks and noticed that I lost about 8lbs. pretty easily. In the last couple of weeks I have been having panic attacks and I was wondering if anyone knows of an antidepressant that does not cause weight gain. I know many of us suffer from RA and also find this to go hand in hand with depression. Any recommendations are really appreciated!

Replies

• ndbex
    ndbex Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am on Welbutrin and Lexapro and have not noticed weight gain from these meds.
  • sisterphonetica
    sisterphonetica Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm on mirtazipine for migraine prophylaxis and put on 7kg in about 7 weeks. I'm here to try and curb my appetite and get back in my clothes!
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you're logging your calories and staying within your goal amount you shouldn't gain weight. I'm currently on steroids but have still managed to lose weight and I'm convinced it's because I'm staying within my calorie limits.
  • KarenK37
    KarenK37 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks that makes me feel so much better, because unfortunately I can't live with having panic attacks and need to take medicine. I am on my 2nd week of medicine and haven't gained weight and lost 1/2 lb. I am hoping to keep losing as long as I can stay in my calorie range. I do have to say it is hard because I do feel hungrier on this medicine. Thanks again!