How did you hit your goal weight?

Options
ehg87
ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
So here's the scenario...SAHM of 2 little people under the age of 4....on day 71 (19 days to go) of Power 90 (50 min of cardio one day 40 min of strength the next) 6 days a week...I've hit a plateau for the last month and a half..so I decided maybe I'm not exercising enough and have added in 30 Day Shred every day for the last week..still per the scale NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!! I'm sitting at 149lbs and just totally stuck....I'm eating about 1350 calories a day, most days I'm dipping into my exercise calories...what am I doing wrong...I want this stuff off of me...I just knew I would be able to be down to my goal weight in time for the beach, and I should have been except for this stupid lapse in weight loss that's been going on for so long. Any suggestions are VERY WELCOME!

AND to all you people who have hit your goal weight...did you ever plateau? How did you get out of it? What kind of calories were you eating? What kind and how much exercise? Thanks everyone!!

Replies

• ammire82
    ammire82 Posts: 50
    Options
    I've hit a plateau a couple times now and it seems to always be when I get "to busy" to do my cardio but you're doing yours so I'm not really sure. I would suggest calling your docs office and seeing what they think. They may refer you to a dietician. If you don't want to deal with your doc there's probably a few you can find yourself in your area. If you have a HyVee they usually have one on staff there. Good luck!
  • brittbonshor
    brittbonshor Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i've heard that changing your calorie intake can help. you could try upping it to 1500 or so and see if that helps?

i personally wouldn't eat back exercise calories.

you could try eating less processed foods?
  • brittbonshor
    Options
    usually people say cut down ur sodium/other bad stuff, up protein and fruits and veggies.. nobody ever got fat eating whole natural foods.
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Thanks....I have tried upping my calories this last week (after much resistance to the thought of eating more) lo and behold if I haven't dropped over a pound in less than a week...official weigh in Tuesday...but so far so good! WHOOOT!!
  • brittbonshor
    Options
    nice!! thats great to hear