Getting My Life Back...

Options
traumacode3
traumacode3 Posts: 32 Member
So Friday was D day for me at the Wellness Center. I had to get on what I call the "You Suck Scale" aka body composition scale. In my 12 week program we get on this scale at the beginning, the middle, and the end of the program. At the same time they also do body measurements. Well I just completed week 7 so besides just knowing that I have been losing weight, I got to find out other stuff and this is what I found out about my weight loss progress halfway through my 12 week program (in 7 weeks):
I have officially met my weight loss goal set by my dietitian to have met by September 12th by losing 16.8 pounds in 7 weeks.
I have lowered my BMI 2.7.
I have lowered my Fat Mass 10.6 pounds.
I have lost 5.45 inches off my waist, 2.70 inches off my abdomen,0.7 inches off my hips, 1.7 inches off my thighs, and 1.2 inches off my biceps. While my trainer was impressed with all the numbers and super psyched about the waist and abdominal numbers, she was shocked at the thigh and bicep numbers because usually you dont lose alot of inches in those areas.
My trainer was especially proud of my progress as I am and she said I should celebrate. She walked around telling everyone about my progress. This is a victory for not only me but anyone who has worked with me over the last 7 weeks. With that being said I share this victory with Duke Raleigh Wellness Center!

Replies

• bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! Good for you!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • DeadlyIntellect
    Options
    Congratulations!:smile:
  • MarielleVert
    MarielleVert Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!! I live in Durham and I too know the struggles of southern food. Keep up the good work. My weight loss is slow and steady but this turtle will get there one day too. :)
  • KaseyWolf
    KaseyWolf Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So Friday was D day for me at the Wellness Center. I had to get on what I call the "You Suck Scale" aka body composition scale. In my 12 week program we get on this scale at the beginning, the middle, and the end of the program. At the same time they also do body measurements. Well I just completed week 7 so besides just knowing that I have been losing weight, I got to find out other stuff and this is what I found out about my weight loss progress halfway through my 12 week program (in 7 weeks):
    I have officially met my weight loss goal set by my dietitian to have met by September 12th by losing 16.8 pounds in 7 weeks.
    I have lowered my BMI 2.7.
    I have lowered my Fat Mass 10.6 pounds.
    I have lost 5.45 inches off my waist, 2.70 inches off my abdomen,0.7 inches off my hips, 1.7 inches off my thighs, and 1.2 inches off my biceps. While my trainer was impressed with all the numbers and super psyched about the waist and abdominal numbers, she was shocked at the thigh and bicep numbers because usually you dont lose alot of inches in those areas.
    My trainer was especially proud of my progress as I am and she said I should celebrate. She walked around telling everyone about my progress. This is a victory for not only me but anyone who has worked with me over the last 7 weeks. With that being said I share this victory with Duke Raleigh Wellness Center!

Wow, great job!! I think that is very cool they have a program like that. I have guesstimates from self measuring, but nothing that detailed. What a great motivator and what a great way to show all that hard work is really paying off!!!