Shock Absorber Sports Bra On Offer!

Options
Hello ladies, and inevitable gents who may have clicked on this post hoping for breast pictures!

Just to let you know, I was in Debenhams on Saturday and they had the Shock Absorber Impact 4 Sports Bra on offer for £24. It appeared to be only on the Red, White and Blue one and the Lilac and Turquoise one below. But even where I get them online the cheapest I've ever seen is £29 + delivery so it's well worth a look. Mine is a life-saver and I'd really recommend spending out on one if you are, ahem, on the busty side. :embarassed:

shock-absorber-max-support-purple-blue-bra.jpg

Replies

• ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Cheers for the heads up!
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Lady next to me on the running machine earlier could have done with one of those... she almost had my eye out at one point... :laugh:
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Lady next to me on the running machine earlier could have done with one of those... she almost had my eye out at one point... :laugh:

Lmao, yeah that would probably be me as well without this cunning piece of engineering ;)
  • elinakalna
    Options
    I ordered couple online for Debenhams but had to send back as the sizes are smaller than 'normal' bras. There were black online as well. And if your order is 30 quid the delivery is free. Guess have to go to the shop and do proper fitting.
  • phoenixoncemore
    Options
    I ordered couple online for Debenhams but had to send back as the sizes are smaller than 'normal' bras. There were black online as well. And if your order is 30 quid the delivery is free. Guess have to go to the shop and do proper fitting.

Yeah, rule of thumb with Shock Absorber is that the band is tight but the cup fine (and pretty comparable to Panache sizing in my experience). So I go up a band size and down a cup size. As the cup size is measured on the difference between your back and bust measurement, so for example a G cup in a 30 back is a F cup in a 32. That's actually the advice the House of Fraser fitting assistant gave me when I bought my first one a few years ago! Hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • elinakalna
    Options
    Thx for advice! Will keep it in my mind. Defo need to invest in good sports bra. Tried to do some jumping Jacks yesterday and was happy I was home alone! All the bits just flying around!
  • slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    These are still on offer, I got mine yesterday in Winchester. Yes it was the hideous colour one but for £24 who's complaining! Thanks for the tip:flowerforyou:
  • phoenixoncemore
    Options
    These are still on offer, I got mine yesterday in Winchester. Yes it was the hideous colour one but for £24 who's complaining! Thanks for the tip:flowerforyou:

Exactly! I got that one too, I'd have prefered black but I'd rather pay less :wink:
  • hellou76
    hellou76 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The shock absorber max is great although I am currently using ......... wait for it....... a copy made by Primark, I think it is called Extreme, it is black with pink piping and I can honeslty say, it is the best sports bra I have ever had, I normally wear a 38D so need to strap them in tightly (I run.... well jog and huff and puff alot) it cost £8.
  • phoenixoncemore
    Options
    The shock absorber max is great although I am currently using ......... wait for it....... a copy made by Primark, I think it is called Extreme, it is black with pink piping and I can honeslty say, it is the best sports bra I have ever had, I normally wear a 38D so need to strap them in tightly (I run.... well jog and huff and puff alot) it cost £8.

I wish! Sadly, Primark don't do my size (When I looked at those they only went from a 34 up and only up to an F, however that might just be at my local one) To be fair, I stuggle to find my size online sometimes too! Might be good for others though...
  • elinakalna
    Options
    Grrrr... I am still waiting for refung form Debenhams for 2 of those I had to send back - didn't fit me, I am already waiting for 2 weeks! :( And before I get my money back I don't really want to sepnd more.

I also heard good reviews on Primark ones but not confident I will be able to find y size :(
  • Gezza2604
    Gezza2604 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Reckon if we buy one we might get a body like the model in pic? - Thanks to the Original Poster - me and my bazookas are off to Debenhams this weekend, hoping that they are still on offer!
  • vicyvix
    vicyvix Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Don't want to burst the bubble but try amazon! I bought my shock absorber sports bra (a level 4) for 14.99! Here's the link to the one I bought, I think the price did change depending on the size and colour.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000XKJZ5S/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
  • phoenixoncemore
    Options
    Don't want to burst the bubble but try amazon! I bought my shock absorber sports bra (a level 4) for 14.99! Here's the link to the one I bought, I think the price did change depending on the size and colour.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000XKJZ5S/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Thanks, I'll say the price changes! For me it was £30!! I'll remember to check back there when I need one again though as the free delivery still makes it cheaper than the £29+del I usually pay online.
  • cristino1985
    cristino1985 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I got one yesterday in debenhams in uxbridge thanks to your heads up, all colours were on offer I think it was 20% off but the purple and red ones worked out the cheapest
  • slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Had time to give mine a good trial now and apart from being tricky to do up the top back strap, to say the least, the boys were safe and secure (38DD). The only downside is that if we all buy one now, then lose loads of weight, we'll all have to go and get another one in a few weeks/months!