New to this group!

Options
tartz66
tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
Hi, my name is Terri and I have been on and off MFP for a couple of years now. I recently found out that I have an intolerance to Gluten a couple of months ago. For the most part I have been following a gluten free diet since I found out, but I have had a few cheats here and there. I am still trying to find out what my triggers are. I have always had asthma and headaches, so I am hoping that by following the gluten free living will eventually help me with those issues. My husband decided just yesterday that he is going to follow a gluten free diet as well, not because he has an intolerance, but mainly after doing a lot of research; we have discovered that wheat/gluten is just down right not good for our bodies considering how much it has has been genetically modified over the years. We both have around 15-20 lbs to lose, so we are hoping that we will feel better and lose weight as well. I am still learning and have somewhat educated myself, but would love the support and advise from others that are going through the same thing. I look forward meeting all of you!

Cheers! Terri

Replies

• jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a gluten free life!

I've been gf for nearly three years, and it's been the best three years of my life. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up. I don't log my food but if you have questions feel free to PM me.
  • khbut
    khbut Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi
    I spent 5years in the belief that I was intolerant to find out after wondering if it was coeliac and going to a blood test that I am infact allergic to gluten and have been all my life.
    I found out myself that the modifided starches are not free of gluten including maize.
    All i can say is the back of my head that has been itching since i can remember now doesn't unless i have something with even a trace of gluten in.
    Just wish that it only caused itching.
    I feel so much better since finding out and cutting out the things with the modified starches as well as the things we all know to avoid.
  • nacolesworld
    nacolesworld Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I definitely think that GF is the way to go! If you have the urge to cheat then maybe try a gluten free alternative. There are all sorts of options out there now.

I am glad that your hubby is going GF with you! lol a little jealous though! Mine won't do it.