Monday!!

Options
mlashay
mlashay Posts: 166 Member
Hello lovely people!

Are we ready to start this challenge off right??

Monday's for me personally are my weigh in days...today the scale has stayed the same, but next Monday will be a different story :wink:

I don't want to scare anyone away with my weekly mini challenges (just yet) lol so we'll start off simple.
"According to Colon Health, a website that provides reports and articles on health, water suppresses appetite and helps metabolize stored fat. A decrease in water intake can cause fat deposits to increase. When the kidneys do not receive enough water to function properly, they dump their unprocessed load onto the liver. The liver's main job is to metabolize stored fat for energy. If the liver takes on functions of the kidney, it cannot properly metabolize fat."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/339226-how-much-water-to-drink-to-lose-weight/#ixzz246KQqnez

Week1: Drink the recommended amount of water every day this week, if not more. If you're a soda, or avid juice drinker try to keep it to only 1 or 2 a day and replace the rest with water. I have purchased a gallon jug of water and plan to try and finish it by the end of every day this week. If you exercise, or are in hotter conditions your water intake should be increased from the recommended amount. Try to log your water consumption into your diary to keep track!

I know this may seem like too simple of a challenge to some, but there are a lot of people this could be very hard for and I know we have some newbies to MFP, if you already know your water intake is off the chain! :glasses: lol then share with us a mini weekly challenge you'd like to do for yourself.

On top of the water consumption I am personally going to try and put more than 45 miles on my FitBit (my weekly average right now is about 25-30).

Ready, set, go! Make it count!

Replies

• brittlynn8907
    brittlynn8907 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this! I definitely need to up my water intake and this will help motivate me to actually do it instead of just thinking about it!
  • drgirl1023
    drgirl1023 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I will increase my water intake. Wondering if adding some packages of crystal light flavors is consider cheating?lol
  • mlashay
    mlashay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I will increase my water intake. Wondering if adding some packages of crystal light flavors is consider cheating?lol

If you feel like you need to add crystal light go for it! But I would keep that in the same direction of the soda and juice (Keep it to only 1 or 2 a day) Good luck!:smile:
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good idea to focus on something small first! :D

I always try to get in all my water, but don't always manage, so good challenge for the week.

I am impressed with a goal of 45 miles!!

I weigh in on Thursdays- I tend to have high weeks and low weeks alternating- this week should be a lower week- so really hoping to see just a one pound loss this week- will certainly take more though!
  • loserchick
    loserchick Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I will definitely try to get it up to 8 glasses of water. It's a great challenge mlashay and I will do my best. I'm such a whiner when it comes to water but you're right it's good for me, so 8 glasses it is :drinker:
  • alhunt8587
    alhunt8587 Posts: 157
    Options
    Happy Monday!! Water is something I am already doing quite well, so I think my weekly challenge will be to work in more fruits and veggies! I have been doing okay with them, but not getting nearly enough, so that will be my goal for this week!
  • Russn67
    Russn67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i will increase my water as much as i can, a gallon a day, wow
  • Trinan71
    Trinan71 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow....thanks for that quote from that article. I didn't know that.

8 glasses a day it is!!! I have to use ice though. I will have to figure out a way to count the ice.......oh it doesn't matter........whatever water I drink from the ice melting is just that much better.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to do just this! I've been taking two 500ml bottles with me to work and filling them up. Four of those bottles is the equivalent of the 8 glasses and I've had three full bottles today!
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I drink about 6 cups of plain water a day. I guess I could try to up it to 8. As long as I don't drink any sodas I think I will be able to do it :-D
  • Iwillblossom
    Iwillblossom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I will try to drink at least 12 cups of water each day this week and my other goal is to exercise 6 days this week for 1 hour.
  • omgdinosaurs
    Options
    I'm pretty water crazed as it is! It's the only beverage I actually drink, and I feel very lucky for that. I try to drink at least 15 glasses a day. I read somewhere that you should drink as many ounces as half your weight in pounds. It's a good starting point and another perspective besides the typical 8 glasses, because some people need more!
    Anyway, another mini challenge I have for this week is to eat less sodium! I'm a salt fiend, so I really need to cut down. I'd like to actually stay under the macro on my diary for once!!
    Happy Monday everyone!
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I like this mini challenge. I've heard so many people talk about the benefits of drinking water. I usually drink at least 8 cups of water so my personal goal will be to drink a minimum of 12 cups of water daily.

Good luck to everyone and bottoms up!!
  • ninec
    ninec Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Water...blech. It's always been hard for me to drink plain water. I'm pretty much a camel. I'll do my best :)
  • BrownEyedGirl130
    Options
    Weigh in the morning was 175.2
    I will try to increase my water intake this week...going to be tough cuz I tend not to drink at work.
    I went out and bought a huge water bottle to keep at my desk :)
  • keeleen
    keeleen Posts: 93
    Options
    That was already my goal this week was to up my water intake to a gallon a day... I can get about 96 ounces... but that last 32 is a killer for me! Great challenge! Oh and I'm 3 weeks without a pop today!!! Never have done that before! Yay me!

And my weigh in days are Thursdays... so I'll post that then... My weekends aren't always the best so I make my weigh in day later in the week! lol
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like these mini challanges...I think babysteps will help me succeed this time. I'll do better on water intake too...I LOVE Diet Coke but I'll learn to LOVE water. LOL.
    I'll also weigh in on Thursdays.

Thanks for getting this group started!
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    tht water chalenge is so much hrder than it seems! im suposed to drink 8 but the most i manage is 5. but i'll definetly give it my all :drinker:
  • slimmerandshine
    slimmerandshine Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I already drink water like it's my job (I live in SE Asia so I have to compensate for the humidity!) -- I just opened up my 4th 950 ml bottle of the day and it's only 1 pm here! I've been copping out on my cardio this week, though, so my goal for the week will be to complete my daily exercise goals in full Tues-Friday this week (20 min cardio/20 abs on Tues/Thurs and 30 min cardio/10 min Pilates for that day's body part on M/W/F/Su).
  • jhuver
    jhuver Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water while I'm at work (3days a week) but I'm not as good at it while I am home. I have a travel cup I always carry around with me, so this week I will try to up my water intake at home. I normally don't drink soda or juice so that's fine, but I do drink tea. I've heard that drinking tea is beneficial in weight loss though. Today I weighed in at 211, let's hope I can lose at least a pound this week. Also I've been parking further away when I go anywhere and taking the stairs instead of the elevator. I think all the little extra steps will pay off.