All Around Monday!!!!! 8/20

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey a good over-all good strength based workout if short on time is the deadlift...you can use dumb-bells or a barbell...if a beginner to get form correct you can even use a broom.

Check this link out: http://www.acefitness.org/exerciselibrary/20/dumbbell-deadlift

You will have great thigh butt abs and some arm muscles afterward! WOW!! See all the muscle groups incorporated!

Happy Trails and a GREAT MONDAY!!!!!!!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I will incorporate that today, yo!
  • lorih1973
    Options
    Will incorporate some dead lifts :)
  • maebellene
    maebellene Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Woooooo lets do it. Im hyped!
  • fajeeta
    fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Added three sets with a bar to my workout. Loooove dead lifts. Great for the toosh. :D
  • fajeeta
    fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Found this quote from www.thedeadlift.com Don't really know the site, just like the quote. (fixed the grammar a bit cause I'm that way.)

"So doing one deadlift is almost like doing a leg press, a back extension, lying leg curls, an abdominal crunch, a gripping exercise, a straight-arm pull down and a shrug all at the same time. Yep, its one hell of a compound lift."

Now doesn't that make you feel accomplished? lol
  • nbates9254
    nbates9254 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    trying the deadlift with a broom - thanks for the suggestion - doctor says no lifting more than 10 pounds, no gripping, grasphing,pushing pulling, ARRGH! No impact cardio - so walking with wrist weights - but the dead lift with a broom - - yup-thanks again! 2 weeks down, 4-5 weeks to go! kinda wishing I would've broken the hand instead of torn the ligaments....sorry, end of rant!! open to suggestions for modifications to get through this!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I was on the road yesterday hopefully I will get time tonight. I still have to see what todays challenge is.