How it works

Options
The premise is very simple, so hopefully it doesn't get too complicated :)

If you have clothes that are too big just simply upload a picture of them as well as any pertinent information (brand/size) as well as if you are looking for any monetary compensation. Please be descriptive in your subject line for people who are searching.

If you are searching for clothes and you find something you like, please PM the member who has it to work out details of the transaction.

If you are looking for something, and can't find it please post an ISO (in search of...) topic in case somebody has something that they have and never posted.

Please be respectful.

No used undergarments/swim wear

Any questions/comments/ideas let me know!

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Awesomesauce! Can I post a "wanted" thread? I'm looking for gently used maternity clothes to get me through February. I'd be happy to trade some of my clothes at are too big for me.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    About a week ago, I was talking to my friend about making this exact same group! I had a more detailed description though, complete with a user rating system to keep everybody accountable. We don't want somebody saying that they're going to give you something and end up not giving to you, after all.
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    Awesomesauce! Can I post a "wanted" thread? I'm looking for gently used maternity clothes to get me through February. I'd be happy to trade some of my clothes at are too big for me.

You bet! Just let us know what you're looking for :)
  • droogievesch
    Options
    About a week ago, I was talking to my friend about making this exact same group! I had a more detailed description though, complete with a user rating system to keep everybody accountable. We don't want somebody saying that they're going to give you something and end up not giving to you, after all.

Great idea, how would you go about doing it?
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options

Great idea, how would you go about doing it?

Maybe sticky a review thread, and once you get your item, give the username with a positive or negative review (I would say only negative if you never received the item or it was in bad shape and the seller never mentioned that, with a little leeway when it comes to damage by the delivery person) and the same can happen with people who buy the items in case they don't pay or just drop off the face of the earth before you can send the item.

I have entirely too much time on my hands. :laugh:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Another thing I was thinking, is maybe to tell people the obvious. ie, don't give out your social security number or any unneeded information, just to keep you from being liable for anything that might happen.

ETA: Also, suggest Paypal or concealed cash as preferred payment method because it's the safest.
  • VelociMama
    Options
    I think this should be a trade only group. Transactions involving transfer of money (selling) is against MFP rules and can open the website up to liability issues.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    I think this should be a trade only group. Transactions involving transfer of money (selling) is against MFP rules and can open the website up to liability issues.

That's a good idea. I would still suggest that people not give out anything other than name and address. If somebody has questions or concerns about the item, they can always send a PM
  • droogievesch
    Options

Would paying for shipping charges be okay? It's still an exchange of money, but it's not really selling.
  • VelociMama
    Options

Would paying for shipping charges be okay? It's still an exchange of money, but it's not really selling.

I think that's reasonable but only if both parties agree privately. Just my $0.02.

If you are unsure about the money end, shoot a message to Steven (his username is just Steven) and ask. He's very helpful and will be able to clearly answer what is "okay" and what may not be.
  • ciaobellaxo
    Options
    Is there a thread where we can post pictures of the clothes?
  • droogievesch
    Options
    Is there a thread where we can post pictures of the clothes?

Just create your own thread with all the info and once the item is no longer available I will remove it :)

I have yet to post mine because they're in the dirty laundry...and nobody wants to buy my stinky wrinkly pants :D
  • Healthy_Melva
    Healthy_Melva Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This group is a great idea.:flowerforyou: I've set up groups on FB before for trading articles, so totally agree that there should be a thread for Kudos and one for Beware (however you want to name it). Also, it might be good if someone just takes responsibility for contacting Steven about the postage questions and letting the group know. I'm sure he wouldn't want each of us sending him a request :noway:

I'm looking forward to seeing this take off and to being part of the group.

:heart:
    Melva