Please help me get out of the 180's

Options
2»

Replies

• doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Consistency is key. Weigh ONCE a week on the same day, first thing in the morning after you use the restroom and sans clothes. Your calorie goals seem to be pretty aligned at 1600, but you are eating way too little protein. Ideally, you should be hitting 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass, so if you're 26% body fat you should be eating around 140g of protein MINIMUM and higher on days you workout.

You will see fluctuations constantly, which is why weighing in only once a week is important. You won't see a quick drop in weight, unless you were carrying extra water weight, so don't expect big decreases every time you weigh. .5 lb to 1lb per week is ideal. Stop looking for instant gratification and really, stop worrying so much about that number on the scale. Take your measurements - neck, arms, bust, waist, hips, thighs and calves - and base your progress primarily off that.
  • sanguinepenguin
    Options
    I agree that I could eat more protein. Problem is, though I'm not actually a vegetarian, I don't eat a lot of meat when my husband is deployed. Partly because I don't want to and partly because I'm too lazy to cook when it's just me. So, I've been using protein powder and eggs. Any other suggestions for good sources of protein?
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I agree that I could eat more protein. Problem is, though I'm not actually a vegetarian, I don't eat a lot of meat when my husband is deployed. Partly because I don't want to and partly because I'm too lazy to cook when it's just me. So, I've been using protein powder and eggs. Any other suggestions for good sources of protein?
    I am also a military wife and my husband is in Korea right now. I am a vegan so I eat all plant sourced protein. I use protein powder, too but for convenience. I have a 2 year old and I do not have a lot of time to cook for myself. I stick to salads mostly since they are quick to prepare.
    For protein I eat quinoa, chickpeas, kidney beans (any beans, really), tofu, almond butter, and soy milk.
  • laceylucas86
    Options
    I JUST busted out of the 180's, now 177, it was tricky, thought I'd be stuck there forever, have weighed 181-185 for the last 3 years! I've just been watching portion sizes and doing jillian michaels 30 day shred, after the first two weeks you deff see SIGNIFICANT improvment which if you are like me it takes results to motivate you to keep with it, if I worked hard for two weeks and saw nothing I would probably throw in the towel lol but I am SO with it now, 11 lbs gone and tightened up in the flabby spots = happy panda :) msg me if you would like some more support!