Fifty Shades of Grey

Options
jenichenny
jenichenny Posts: 73 Member
Okay I've heard a lot about this series, both good and bad. Thought I'd see what the hype is all about. Anyone want to read the first one with me?

Replies

• RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I read the series. The first one wasn't bad. Interesting and erotic but by the 3rd one I couldn't wait to be done.
    Can you say 'PREDICTABLE'?
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I hated this book so much..wont even bother reading the other two..The author is completely talentless, absolute garbage
  • mommmyto3boys
    Options
    I am half way through the first one now & I love it...I can't wait to start reading the next one! It's not for everyone....some people are all hearts and flowers & some enjoy things a little spicier. To each their own.

16557666.png
  • mdelcott
    Options
    I am half way through the first one now & I love it...I can't wait to start reading the next one! It's not for everyone....some people are all hearts and flowers & some enjoy things a little spicier. To each their own.

16557666.png

I am by no means hearts and flowers, I just found that certain words such as "Holy" were used WAY too much!! If you want good smut try the Sleeping Beauty series by Anne Rice penned under A.N. Roquelaure There is absolutly NO HEARTS AND FLOWERS there, it makes 50 Shades look like a kindergarten class, and its well written to boot.
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    I read the first one and won't be reading the rest. The sex scenes are mediocre, the main character is annoying (her inner goddess needs a punch in the face), and certain things are too repetitive. It definitely seems like one of those polarizing books!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options

16557666.png

I am by no means hearts and flowers, I just found that certain words such as "Holy" were used WAY too much!! If you want good smut try the Sleeping Beauty series by Anne Rice penned under A.N. Roquelaure There is absolutly NO HEARTS AND FLOWERS there, it makes 50 Shades look like a kindergarten class, and its well written to boot.

Off to order the Sleeping Beauty series...love Anee Rice, and had never heard of these! Didn't even make it halfway through 50 Shades before giving it up....not my style...
  • Jujubee2000
    Options
    Fifty S of G is Fan Fic.The author is a Stephanie Myers/Twilight fan and the stories were originally written with Twilight characters. Fans of that urged her to publish them and low and behold....Fifty was born. It does nothing but use inaccurate stereotypes and insipid language for the BDSM community which is sooo inaacurate it makes me sad.
    The Beauty series by Anne Rice was fabulous!!! Read that for something better!
  • brightday02
    Options
    I read the first book. I enjoyed it but I'm not in a rush to read two and three. Anna got on my nerves a bit but I loved Christian.
  • deborah0123
    Options
    Okay I've heard a lot about this series, both good and bad. Thought I'd see what the hype is all about. Anyone want to read the first one with me?
    I have all 3 books.. have read them.. they willl educate some people that is for sure..I liked them..my boss was not to happy about them.
    She had not heard or experienced a lot of things that were in the books..very entertaining:)) I told her maybe she should introduce some of the things in the book into real life..people enjoy different things..different strokes for different folks
  • deborah0123
    Options
    I read the first book. I enjoyed it but I'm not in a rush to read two and three. Anna got on my nerves a bit but I loved Christian.
    I absolutely loved Christian.. need more men like him.. she did get on my nerves some
  • deborah0123
    Options
    Fifty S of G is Fan Fic.The author is a Stephanie Myers/Twilight fan and the stories were originally written with Twilight characters. Fans of that urged her to publish them and low and behold....Fifty was born. It does nothing but use inaccurate stereotypes and insipid language for the BDSM community which is sooo inaacurate it makes me sad.

The Beauty series are better than shades of grey..I have read them at least 2 times..I would advise the beauty series over 50 shades..
  • mdelcott
    Options

The Beauty series are better than shades of grey..I have read them at least 2 times..I would advise the beauty series over 50 shades..

I would advise a boring old instruction manual (for anything) over 50 shades..LOL Sorry but its true
  • jenichenny
    Options

Never heard of that series. May need to give it a try!
  • jenichenny
    Options

So is the main character supposed to be Bella and Christian is supposed to be Edward?
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the Fifty Shades trilogy. Quick easy reads that I couldn't put down.
  • KimDeBoer
    Options
    Even better is Cherise Sinclair Masters of Darkhaven or just about anything else she's written.
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I read the first one. It was entertaining and erotic, but not noteworthy. And I agree that it was repetitive. Personally, I didn't like the constant references to her "inner goddess". Other than that I liked it.