What's new?

Options
2»

Replies

• KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    for foundation....have u tried oil free primers and oil free moisturizers? i have combination skin but i notice a difference in the same foundation when i use different bases as moisturizers/primers.
    example i love the too faced bb cream but I cannot use moisturizer underneath it and I HAVE to top it off with a bronzer/powder to set it or it will wear off by noon.

I received a sample of Too Faced's BB Cream, and I've tried it a few times...I like it, but I don't love it. However, after playing around with it, it seems to get better for me. I have the lightest shade (Vanilla Glow, I think it's called?) since I'm so pale, and when I first applied it, it was noticeably darker than the rest of my skin. I used the same amount I've always used for my tinted moisturizer, so I decided to try the "Less is more" approach with the BB Cream, and it worked wonders! It blended much easier and looked better. I do use a moisturizer underneath it, but I may try it without just to see how it turns out.

I got that Too Faced Sexy palette that I posted the photo of. I'm disappointed in the colors. :( I know viewing something online vs. in person isn't going to be 100% exact, but even the colors on the box look nothing like the colors in the actual palette itself. I bought it because it appeared to have shades that I've been looking for, but didn't have...turns out I already have these.
  • Stagemom77
    Options
    "I got that Too Faced Sexy palette that I posted the photo of. I'm disappointed in the colors. :( I know viewing something online vs. in person isn't going to be 100% exact, but even the colors on the box look nothing like the colors in the actual palette itself. I bought it because it appeared to have shades that I've been looking for, but didn't have...turns out I already have these. "

Do you mean you already had those shades or something that looked similar? I find myself buying the same shades over and over again, just because I like a particular color - and then wonder why it doesn't look different or better....lol.
  • KimmyEB
    Options
    Do you mean you already had those shades or something that looked similar? I find myself buying the same shades over and over again, just because I like a particular color - and then wonder why it doesn't look different or better....lol.

I already either had the same shades, or they were shades I didn't want in the first place, lol. There were 2 particular shades in the palette that I really wanted, but it turns out, they look nothing like they do online or in the box, so I was disappointed. One appeared to be a frosty light blue color...turns out it's really just a metallic silver (which I already have 2 of), and a rose gold color, which I REALLY wanted...is nothing more than the same gold shade I already have several of. However, I do go through certain shades quickly, which this palette also has, so it's not like I won't use it. I was just hoping for those 2 shades I THOUGHT I'd be getting, lol.

I got a ton of samples with my order, which I'm actually more excited about. :P Mascara from Lancome, foundation from Urban Decay, moisturizer from Sephora, a couple of perfume samples...yay.
  • KimmyEB
    Options
    Okay, so, amending my statement about the Too Faced palette--I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I use at least one shade from it almost daily now.

I received a sample of Lancome "Doll Eyes" mascara and I must say, I'm not a fan. Maybe I'm just not doing it right...it has a wand I'm not familiar with (it's a cone-shape) and no matter how I use it, it looks like I have no mascara on. :ohwell:

I tried to save some money and bought Maybelline's new BB Cream, and I hate it. Smells funny, and their lightest shade is still to dark for me. And I could FEEL it on my skin all day, which I was not a fan of. I ended up going back to Tarte's tinted moisturizer...and I see they're jumping on the BB Cream bandwagon too, since it's now called "Tarte BB Tinted Moisturizer." Same stuff, just new name. Price has gone up, though, it seems. :grumble:
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Kimmy, I am a huge "sucker" for any of the gifts with purchase or purchase with purchase. I am trying NOT to purchase anything new for awhile. I have so many samples of wonderful products. I can't decide which of the samples I seriously want to integrate into my routine and which I want to perhaps eliminate from further consideration.

One thing I tried recently was the NYX "Push up Bra" for eyebrow grooming. It's a 2 sided pencil. About $10. The color end for the eyebrow is great. They say that the color is neutral for all skin tones. But the really nice part is the "highlighter" side. Blend it under your eyebrow, use as a highlighter. Super easy to use and it does look great.

The gals at Ulta recommended that I use my Benefit Porefessional as a primer. Gave it a try. Very smooth. I like!

I rarely use any foundation, but today's "primers" and "radiance builders" are so easy to apply and do make a difference. Yikes! I am trying to streamline my routine. Not expand it. But I am, truly, a make-up addict! These "value palettes and other Holiday Specials" are just so tempting. Just want to make sure that I use all of the beautiful products I already have on hand. LOL
  • KimmyEB
    Options
    Kimmy, I am a huge "sucker" for any of the gifts with purchase or purchase with purchase. I am trying NOT to purchase anything new for awhile. I have so many samples of wonderful products. I can't decide which of the samples I seriously want to integrate into my routine and which I want to perhaps eliminate from further consideration.

One thing I tried recently was the NYX "Push up Bra" for eyebrow grooming. It's a 2 sided pencil. About $10. The color end for the eyebrow is great. They say that the color is neutral for all skin tones. But the really nice part is the "highlighter" side. Blend it under your eyebrow, use as a highlighter. Super easy to use and it does look great.

The gals at Ulta recommended that I use my Benefit Porefessional as a primer. Gave it a try. Very smooth. I like!

I rarely use any foundation, but today's "primers" and "radiance builders" are so easy to apply and do make a difference. Yikes! I am trying to streamline my routine. Not expand it. But I am, truly, a make-up addict! These "value palettes and other Holiday Specials" are just so tempting. Just want to make sure that I use all of the beautiful products I already have on hand. LOL

I hear you--fellow addict, here, lol! :tongue:

I've never used any eyebrow tools. I get them waxed every few months, and just tweeze between waxings to keep them looking okay. I have extremely dark eyebrows (jet black) so I'm not sure how a neutral color would work on mine. :laugh: I wish I knew more about doing eyebrows, though!

I don't use foundation whatsoever, though I do have some samples from Urban Decay I'd like to try (damn samples, haha!). I have tried just about every BB Cream and tinted moisturizer out there, and Tarte works best for me. I hate that it's almost $40 for a little tube, but, one tube lasts me about 8 months, so it's not *too* bad, I suppose.

I'm committed to buying no more palettes, though, since I have a HUGE palette from E.L.F., which literally has just about every color you can imagine (150 colors total), plus my Too Faced palette, and all of my single shadows.

I'm jealous of your Ulta experiences--sounds like you have really nice employees at your Ulta!! We have really snotty, lazy girls that work at ours...only one woman at ours is helpful and very friendly, and she is unfortunately always busy. The rest refuse to answer questions for me or try to find out, they just shrug and say "I have no idea," or they make a big huff about having to go look for something for me.
  • KimmyEB
    Options
    I'm not a fan of lip products. At all. Never have been. I've since changed my tune with Ulta's line of nourishing lip gloss. The color was perfect--nothing too dramatic, and I wasn't constantly aware that I was wearing it. That's the big reason I hate lip products, is because I can't stand to feel something on my lips, but this worked great.

I tried Rimmel's "Glam Eyes" mascara recently, and I'm not a huge fan. I like their Scandal Eyes mascara better. I tried to stick it out with the Glam Eyes, but the wand is so flimsy that it actually bent in half this morning. So back to my Scandal Eyes!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I resisted so many tempting make up offers this season. Proud of myself! LOL!

Just trying to enjoy the products I have!!! Anyone get any special, new items this Christmas? Share, please!
  • KimmyEB
    Options
    I resisted so many tempting make up offers this season. Proud of myself! LOL!

Just trying to enjoy the products I have!!! Anyone get any special, new items this Christmas? Share, please!

I hear you! The only thing I actually "bought" was the lip gloss, because it was on sale + I had a coupon, and I needed cash back anyway. Plus I got 2 free nail polishes with it. :laugh:
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I wish I could wear bold colors on my lips, but it makes me look too pale.

I have not used foundation since I started using tinted moisturizer.

My new obsession is the gel nail polish.I have soft nail, so polish last 2-3 days if I am lucky. The gel nails last as long as 1.5-2 weeks. It not hard to do, just a little more time consuming than a regular manicure. I put a good chick flick on the tube and go to work.

Same here! The bold color on lips because I'm pale, I mean. I recently started using the tinted balm that I got in my Sephora birthday gift...it gives just a bit of color, but nothing dramatic. And it smells good. :tongue:

I also prefer tinted moisturizers. Tarte's Smooth Operator is my absolute favorite. I've been using my sample of Too Faced's BB cream, and at first I hated it, but it's alright, now that I know that I realize a little of it really goes a long way. :laugh: Too much, and it's too dark on me...even in the lightest shade possible! I had a coupon for the new BB cream from Garnier, so I got that, since it blended well when I tried it in the store...hopefully it's a keeper, since it's less than half the price of Tarte's!

I ordered this beauty with my birthday gift card:

Too-Faced-The-Return-Of-Sexy-Eye-Shadow-Palette.jpg

Along with a ton of samples and my freebie with enough points! hopefully it's all great stuff.

They were out of this when I tried to order online. I was soooooooooooooooo wanting this! I went with Tarte kit instead!
  • KimmyEB
    Options
    They were out of this when I tried to order online. I was soooooooooooooooo wanting this! I went with Tarte kit instead!

Which Tarte kit did you get? I looove certain products by Tarte--namely their tinted moisturizer/BBcream/whatever they're calling it now, and their cheek stains.