2 Mos Point - How's everyone doing?

Options
LovinLifeChik
LovinLifeChik Posts: 126 Member
Hey, my happy and couragious challenge team buddies! Well, we have made it through 2 months, of our 4 month challenge! I hope everyone is feeling good and looking to a strong 8 weeks ahead!

I've had my ups and downs during this challenge - and am not anywhere hear the pace I should be for a 25lb total loss. I'm sad about that, but at the same time, I refuse to get down on myself, or take away from the 5 lbs I've lost so far. I am looking to August to help push me closer to my goal, and to get me mentally and physically prepared for a busy Fall!

I know it can get frustrating at times - but to everyone who has lost even a pound or two - with so much that happens in our lives during June and July - graduations, weddings, reunions, summer picnics, vacations...and I could go on - we should all be happy that we are moving downward! Don't fret the couple of lbs you might have added over the past week or two - most of it is probably water and once you are back on track, it will come flying right off again!

So today I send you all positive energy! Enjoy the last full month of the summer season! Eat healthy and be active! And enjoy life!

Sharon

Replies

• robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Oh what a time to check in~ it's been a horrible week for me~ but overall still down 7 pounds. But~ saw a professional nutrionist yesterday and today is a new day! I'm back on track and ready to tackle this challenge! Anyone else with me?

We can do this~ it's a journey- not a race and day to day as I make smarter choices my body will react to that.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • LovinLifeChik
    LovinLifeChik Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan, Robin! Jeyed and I both met with a local nutriionist a few months back. We learned alot - and while we didn't want to pay the outrageous money he wanted to continue with him ona full program - the information we got from those sessions, and from him book, were enough to make an impact.

There is so much to be learned - but I agree...I try to take it in baby steps, addressing one or two behavior changes at a time. I find I am better off that way, and they tend to stick! It may take me longer than some to get to where I'm going, but I'm making a lifestyle change (no DIETS here) and sometimes it's the slow and methodical changes that make the most difference!

BTW - just had dinner with a very close friend who chose gastric bypass surgery over "dieting". While she has lost about 125 lbs in about 18 mons, she is miserable. Lots of complications from the surgery, and she has lost SO much weight, they are sending her to a counselor for eating disorders, to try to help her GAIN weight. She had only a few minor health items before the surgery, but was looking for the quick and simple solutions. Well - she is paying for it now! Not that I'm saying anything bad against anyone who chose surgery - but please choose it to save your life - not for the easy way out. Sometimes it's not always so simple!!
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am doing pretty well dispite my female issues that I currently having. Trying to focus this week on eating better since my exercise is limited.

Ofcourse, I would like to be further along in the weight loss department however I do understand that this is a process. I am 85 days in on MFP and have noticed a huge difference in my endurance, I have the exercise thing down pat. The healthier eating is coming slowly, it has always been a struggle for me. I found a book called "The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet" which has really helped me see the light with foods and their caloric density. I am learning to bulk up my meals with more fruits & veggies.

Remember to eat a little better, exercise a little more and always smile !
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I love this quote "Remember to eat a little better, exercise a little more and always smile !"~ can I steal it? :huh:
  • drumsrevolver
    Options
    I'm slightly "3 steps forward 2 steps back" but am just remembering I'm still one step ahead!

I've still lost since this challenge started but certainly not at the rate I wanted. I know it's been my birthday and enjoyable though it's been I can't really keep using that excuse so I need to take more responsibility for what I eat - it's all down to me, remember my goals and the future I want and keep focused .... and move my bum more and back doing exercise!!

Glad to see everyone is on the right track - have a fab rest of your week :smile:
  • cwilliamshill
    Options
    I am gaining again, Ughhh. But, I wont quit! Thanks for all of your comments and support, it really helps !
  • tammyymmat
    tammyymmat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Too scared to weigh in today. We had chinese last night and don't want to know. I leave for vacation tomorrow, so will do a morning weigh in and post. Got off work early today and went to a local blueberry farm! My youngest Calvin and I picked over 10 pounds. So yummy, and good for us. Thank you leader, for all your positive words, I really can use them :smile:
  • tammyymmat
    tammyymmat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Had a big gain, and am back in the 180's again. :sad: What a wake up call! Will be taking my old weight watchers book on vacation, as we will be RVing and have no computer. So will be doing points, I know it works. Hope to see you all "lighter" next week.
  • Djkaya29
    Djkaya29 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello friends. I am a little late in responding to this post, I have been in Vegas for the past two weeks...my daughter just had her 2nd baby, (grandbaby #6 for me). I am not doing as well as I had hoped, but staying postitive after reading the posts for everyone else. I love this group of ladies and friends.