How has the Lord worked in your life?

Options
Jesus has done so much for me...for all of us...I would love to hear how He has worked in your life.
If you are a christian from birth, a christian just beginning your journey, it doesn't matter! Please share :)

Replies

• AmyJKSaunders
    AmyJKSaunders Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I accepted the Lord as my personal savior when I was 8 years old. I am now 37. I am still running the race, even though I trip over hurdles, and some days just trip over my own feet, I am still in the race. Right now I feel like God is using some things in my life to draw me closer to Him. Sometimes he has to remind us that we need Him. He wants us to give him the glory, and not glorify ourselves. Believe me, if I could do things myself, I would already be at my goal weight. So, I am going to lean on him more and prayerfully watch the pounds fall off.

Regardless of the situation in my life, I have seen the Lord guiding my path all the way from my birth until now. I mean, even back to my parents divorcing when I was four. If they hadn't have divorced, my Mom may have continued to not go to church at my Dad's request, and I may not have been raised in a Christian home. I don't know for sure. However, my grandparents made sure we went to church and had the opportunity to get to know the Lord for ourselves, and my, my, my, am I so glad that they did. You see, He leads us and guides us - all the way.

I welcome questions from any new or long-time race-running Christians, too. Don't ever think that you have made it, because the Christian life is a race from the cradle to the grave. We can run the race together. :smile:
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Jesus has done so much for me...for all of us...I would love to hear how He has worked in your life.
    If you are a christian from birth, a christian just beginning your journey, it doesn't matter! Please share :)

Been serving the Lord and saved for 20 years but to make a long story short my husband and I have been married 30 years and been together 32, but he was my high school sweetheart since the age of 16.. He was a drug addict and a alcoholic and we were almost divorced twice. Needless to say God saved him and me and called us in the ministry and we have been ministering for over 20 years. Of course there is much more I could add but it would take way to long to write. Wouldn't change nothing in my life!!! my God is awesome and so thankful for His blessings on me and my family!!!
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I accepted the Lord as my personal savior when I was 8 years old. I am now 37. I am still running the race, even though I trip over hurdles, and some days just trip over my own feet, I am still in the race. Right now I feel like God is using some things in my life to draw me closer to Him. Sometimes he has to remind us that we need Him. He wants us to give him the glory, and not glorify ourselves. Believe me, if I could do things myself, I would already be at my goal weight. So, I am going to lean on him more and prayerfully watch the pounds fall off.

Regardless of the situation in my life, I have seen the Lord guiding my path all the way from my birth until now. I mean, even back to my parents divorcing when I was four. If they hadn't have divorced, my Mom may have continued to not go to church at my Dad's request, and I may not have been raised in a Christian home. I don't know for sure. However, my grandparents made sure we went to church and had the opportunity to get to know the Lord for ourselves, and my, my, my, am I so glad that they did. You see, He leads us and guides us - all the way.

I welcome questions from any new or long-time race-running Christians, too. Don't ever think that you have made it, because the Christian life is a race from the cradle to the grave. We can run the race together. :smile:

Very well said Amy!!! we are all in this race together, such a pleasure to have you as a friend!!!!!
  • Jbearbarnes
    Jbearbarnes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a God-centered support group. You can see my info on my page...

This verse describes well my journey since last Sunday, regarding my overeating (what God calls gluttony and sin!) and my lack of enough exercise (what God calls laziness and sin!)

PSALM 77:1 I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me. 2 In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord:

the exciting news is that God has changed my heart (again)! Praying I don't harden it (again) and give up proper eating and exercise... to God be the Glory!