Day 8, Tuesday August 21

Options
Morning all! Did great yesterday! Stayed below my calories and got in 60 mins of excercise. Going to duplicate that today.

Have a great day!

Natasha

Replies

• dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    So proud of myself for yesterday. I stayed within my calories which is great. Even better is the fact that I did not exercise in the morning but I did after work. Normally if I don't get my workout in first thing in the morning then I don't do it. The scale is down a tid bit this morning from yesterday but not down from last week Monday.

I woke up this morning telling my self.............Today is September 17th and I weigh close to 231. I am exercising regularly and keeping track of all food and drinks consumed. I feel good about myself and I can already see a difference in myself. I am exicted and ready to do more.

That is what I am going to do today. I have one small hurdle to get over today, we have a work get together that will most likely innvolve cake. Other than that my day should be smooth sailing.
  • AmyJKSaunders
    AmyJKSaunders Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am so happy that the two of you had great days yesterday. I did some things well, and then crashed and burned at the end of the day. I did well with my eating and walked briskly for 50 mins during my lunch break. However, when I got home, I binged for about an hour. By the time I was finished, I had eaten a half a bag of chips (big bag), 3/4 jar of cheese dip, a candy bar, half a package of licorice and 3 egg rolls - and I felt miserable. I have had problems with binging in the past, and I never want to feel that way again. I am not going to binge anymore. After binging, I immediately called my husband at work and told him what I had done and asked him to pray for me. With God's help, I am not going to wreck a great day with stuffing myself. Right now I am fasting until I truly get hungry, and then I am going to turn the page and make it a better week. I'm worth it. We all are! Have a great Day 8!

And... I will be reporting about an excellent Day 8 in the morning! :happy:
  • AmyJKSaunders
    AmyJKSaunders Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot, to add to my binging, I weighed in for the week at 229, which is two pounds above where I started. I am going to reverse this gain, and still meet and/or exceed my 5-pound goal for this four weeks.

Thank you for this focus group! It really holds me accountable.
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    good luck Amy - just keep at it. This is a lifestyle change, not a one day trip : )

So far so good for me for the past 8 days. Cant wait to work out today - wow - what a change.

I've put my affirmation in my notes in food and read it daily. I can feel september 17th. I know I am going to make it through the family visit and the wedding with modest, happy eating and not overindulgence.
  • Balance79
    Balance79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Did great yesterday by eating clean & staying below my cals by a lot. Although I did have wine at night - which was bad! :(

I dropped 2 pounds by this morning - which was gained over the weekend by splurging. Glad that's gone!

Started today out with a pilates class & 1 mile run afterwards. Eating clean again today.

128.4 today .... 3.4 pounds until I see my 125 on the scale. I WILL weigh it!

Have a good day all!!!
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Amy - I agree one day at a time. I also am not reporting a loss since we started the focus group. I am reporting sore muscles from working out so I know good things are happening .

Tracking and being accountable is a good place to start.

cme - I never thought of putting my affirmation in the notes section of the diary. That is a good idea.

never signed with my real name
    Deanna
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I had an awesome day yesterday then came home to terrible news sil in hospital after logging accident and not breathing on his own this would normally send me to chocolate and there's loads in the house at the moment but i had none this morning he's still unconsious but breathing on his own

exercise will be hit and miss today and so will diet but hoping to do the best i can
  • nikihampton
    nikihampton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was another day where I didn't mind my calories, ate all day, didn't log it all and didn't run or workout. *sigh* Going to try to get back on track today.
  • sexy_RN88
    sexy_RN88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have been bad about checking in these last couple of days! Sorry all! It's been a bit crazy here. Been tracking all my calories, though, so not a total fail!

Today I am wearing a pair of jeans that have not fit me in over 2 years...and they are SO comfy! There's even plenty of extra room in the thighs and a bit of wiggle space in the bum! Woo hoo! :) Progress! I think they are a size 16, although the tag is long since faded. When I started back in July, I was a size 20 (but probably should have been wearing a 22, if we're being honest), so I'm pleased with that progress!

Eating was okay today. Started my day off with a hash brown and some sugar-free iced coffee from McDonald's today--not what I wanted, but I was super late getting out the door this morning, and the only other choice was to go without food for a few hours, so I sucked it up. I've been doing well sticking within my calories, so now I'm going to concentrate on limiting the amount of sugar I eat (tends to be quite a lot). It is so hard for me to show restraint with sugar, but it definitely needs to be done.

Will be doing a lot of studying/reviewing tonight, but also need to get the house clean, so should burn a few calories scrubbing the kitchen and running the vacuum! Also plan to hop on the treadmill for a bit and then going to do about 20 mins of strength training.

Am down 14.2 pounds as of this morning! Hurrah! I have been a super slacker this week with exercise, and I was pretty lax on my diet, so it's time to refocus and clean it up again. :)