Tuesday 8/21 Challenge

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
Okay pick one thing you can give up today! Make it something you really like and tell me at the end of the day what it was and more importantly how you felt!
Please try this bc will lead to great discussion later and I will say why I picked this later! Anything you REALLY like but make it simple.

Peace,
Wonder Woman

Replies

• Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hmm hard, because I dont seem to rely on much anymore, used to have to have/do certain things everyday, but I'm not like that now, except they gym, but I'm not giving that up lol
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be a food thing?
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give up my social networking while at work. I can't think of anything "diet" related to give up because I typically don't have a problem with any of that anymore. Very occasionally. And anything (bread) that I would have given up today, its too late, because I had a bagel for breakfast. LoL. So maybe I will get a lot more work done today. More efficient + Better concentration = Less stress.
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hard one as this week I am on a role and have stopped red wine, latte the things I usually struggle with. Just leaves me tea and coffee maybe give up all but my breakfast tea and afternoon coffee. Just have water or lemon water if I want a drink
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Oh heck! If I had seen this before breakfast, I would have tried to give up DAIRY today (having cottage cheese in my oats), as I'm a real dairy freak, but actually it's probably better as we're going to be taken out to dinner adn it would be too much of a challenge probably, on this particular day. So I'm going to follow someone else's lead on here and make a NO FACEBOOK day (..though I can't even say I really like it, argh!). But I'm going to schedule a dairy-free day soon, inspired by this. I'm not really trying to cut it out, but I would like to be able to live without it once in a while, ha!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Try folks....trust me we all have habits some benign some bad but you can withold something today! Try!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Okay if you use the elliptical all the time give it up today and figure out what esle to do. If take same route home go a different way. Get it?!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Okay I was going to say tv but I am going one step further. I will let my husband pick what he wants tonight and I will NOT COMPLAIN. God help me because he might choose cannibalistic (zombie type) movie or Back to the Future for the millionth time.

I am already dreading this. HELP!
  • MzTrina143
    Options
    I'm going to give up negativity. :) try to think encouraging thoughts. Might help the stress level. And for every negative thought (great,I have to clean up the kids mess AGAIN...) I will walk two laps around our pool. :)
  • ajbarnet23
    ajbarnet23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    chocolate is my weakness
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Well, I am quit amazed that many don't have habits but I will tell you why I asked to give up something today. I had to give up coffee for a week! 1 week and amazing to me the results! Yes, I went thru withdrawal symptoms but the amazing transformations. I lost 1.5 lbs I think from the inflammation in my abdomen...I could fit a shirt I could not last year. I have more energy and alertness. I feel like the old me coming back!
    There is nothing bad with coffee...but it was a habit I had that needed to be rid of for my life and health to improve...trust me I would have never done it unless a doctor told me...but sometimes we think we need something or fear stopping or trying something new. I can live w/o coffee yes I can...LOL!
    YOU can change anything in your life too! Small or big! Maybe like I said try a different workout routine...go to a different gym...try a new class...stop using sugar daily...no soda....less hair dye...whatever it does not matter but try something and see how it goes...
    Any body ailment maybe try different foods...anything is worth improving our minds bodies and souls!
    Peace,
    WW
  • debbiemacfarlane
    debbiemacfarlane Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i wanted a burger for lunch at work.. opted for a salad. I felt great for making the right choice for me..
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I really felt icky today and wanted to just watch tv. I did the opposite of what I felt and now I feel good. I did not even allow any tvs on and when it came time for riding my bike I was happy to let my husband have the power to choose what he wanted to watcht. The tv did not get turned on till 9:40 pm. My husband even put on a program I like. All was good. Thank you Garlic for inspiring and motivating me to go outside the box.
    Sweet dreams,
    Lisa
  • fajeeta
    fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I gave up the drive today. Somehow I've gotten really wound up with all the "I gottas." I gotta get the laundry done. I gotta make all those calls. I gotta fix this. I gotta learn five new languages. I gotta run a marathon. I gotta detail the house. (Snort. I stink at housekeeping.)

So today, I played hooky. I enjoyed tag at the park with my daughter. We did handstands, cartwheels and jumped from the swings. I read a book, ate a pb&j sandwich (heaven, it's my comfort food) and watched/listened to the wildlife. I did an hour of karate...woot. :D

I gave up trying to be superwoman for a day. Feeling so peaceful and relaxed.

Superb challenge.
  • fajeeta
    fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    And way ready to take on the world tomorrow. :D
  • michelleraber
    Options
    I gave up my green tea...That was so hard. When I quite drinking coffee I used hot green tea as a substitute. I felt energyless and tired all day! Even though the green tea I buy has no caffine in it.