Struggling =(

sugarbeans
sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
Ok so I thought slingshot would be easy, that I would be able eat high carbs but healthy high carb days.

I don't know what the heck happened, my body went from the mind set of eating healthy to pigging out on crap food. I will admit normally I would be binging and eating a ton of food and I haven't gone to that extreme. I do notice that if I don't get the 5 meals in every 3 hours that come dinner time I'm famished and will eat a lot more than usual.

The first 3 weeks were easier than the slingshot week and I thought the slingshot week would be the easiest. My bad, maybe it was due to the fact that I was at a festival all weekend, or the added stress in my life or that I'm not feeling well, or maybe it's all excuses I don't know.

Sorry if you have been looking at my diary and seeing all the bad choices I have made as of late. My next week starts on Saturday and I WILL be watching what i eat as well as adding the exercise again. This past week has been a write off.

Thanks for the support and just thought I'd let you all know where I'm at right now. ( not in a very good frame of mind)

This next month of the program will be better I am determined to get this weight off.

Replies

• Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    One thing you must always remember - we ALL mess up at times. Sometimes we mess up for just a day, maybe two. Other times we mess up for a week, a month or more. The simple fact that you came here and posted your frustration speaks volumes about your desire to succeed. Please, please continue along your path to good health! Much love & many hugs... :heart:
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    I know how you feel as I have been on vacation this week and have gotten in two days of excersise and eaten anything from loaded nachos to apple cider donuts. I craved none of things but will say I have enjoyed them all. What we must remember is to celebrate our success and learn from the mistakes. Also what is important is if you enjoyed your festival and made wonderful memories that is what will be recalled not that you fell of your diet for a week. So pick yourself up and continue on your journey but always expect some setbacks and remember the setbacks are what make us stronger!!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Thanks Sweats and Lilylee
  • kimmerkay
    kimmerkay Posts: 110
    Hang in there... I wasn't too thrilled with slingshot week either... It seemed like my cravings increased and my stamina started to dwindle... I thought this week (the week after slingshot) would bump me up to maybe a 2 pound loss, but I sneaked on the scale this morning and was up a pound.. TOM is due, so that may be part of it... We will have to see... I just look at my life and think, I'm not always gonna be perfect..I just have to do the best I can and try not to beat myself up when things are tough...

Be strong! Tomorrow is a new day.
  • mallkrawler
    mallkrawler Posts: 6 Member
    Keep your chin up. Be realistic, we all know we are going to have a bad food day! Its a guarantee we are all human. Learn from your mistakes and never give up because of the screw up. And when you have a bad food day try to use it to fuel a workout!