This is difficult

Options
I have been working hard to not slip untracked food in my mouth. But, man, I'm tempted. Before this competition, I bet I sneaked 100 to 200 cals of untracked foods daily. Maybe more ... you know, finishing my kid's pizza, taking a bite of cake at work, tasting my wife's food at a restaurant. Tisk Tisk. Glad we're doing this ... keeping me honest so far.

Replies

• ericallen72
    ericallen72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I left my cell phone at home today and I can't log on to my computer at work, so I came home with a bag full of garbage to scan once I got home. Guys at work looking at me funny and all. Yeah.
  • PoliticalRN
    PoliticalRN Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have been working hard to not slip untracked food in my mouth. But, man, I'm tempted. Before this competition, I bet I sneaked 100 to 200 cals of untracked foods daily. Maybe more ... you know, finishing my kid's pizza, taking a bite of cake at work, tasting my wife's food at a restaurant. Tisk Tisk. Glad we're doing this ... keeping me honest so far.

You are so funny!!! Who were you hiding your non-logged calories from? It's like eating a cheeseburger but if you drink a diet coke then the cheeseburger cancels out!!! I'm real obsessed when I start something. I even have a digital food scale in my bag just in case. ;0) My motto is its always better to over guess my food calories and under guess my exercise calories burned. This way I know I'll be under.
  • PoliticalRN
    PoliticalRN Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I left my cell phone at home today and I can't log on to my computer at work, so I came home with a bag full of garbage to scan once I got home. Guys at work looking at me funny and all. Yeah.

That's great! That's what I call dedication! This is also why you've lost 30 pounds so far!
  • pahsar2
    pahsar2 Posts: 80
    Options
    Who were you hiding your non-logged calories from?

Exactly!!!!! That's was my motivation for starting this challenge. Thanks for calling me out!!!! I needed it :-)
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This is certainly becoming really tough. Had to give myself a real telling off/good talking to about logging last week. Had a day when the calories were not great & then had a couple of crackers & thought, oh, I won't log them it won't hurt, my calories will look extra bad - then the thought of having to own up here & be out of the comp, that did it, couldn't do that so had to accept a rather poor calorie day & log those crackers!
  • pahsar2
    Options
    Funny how I had the exact same thought about things I ate. In the end, the competition drove me to logging it.
    This is certainly becoming really tough. Had to give myself a real telling off/good talking to about logging last week. Had a day when the calories were not great & then had a couple of crackers & thought, oh, I won't log them it won't hurt, my calories will look extra bad - then the thought of having to own up here & be out of the comp, that did it, couldn't do that so had to accept a rather poor calorie day & log those crackers!